E-book File Formats

G Morgan

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
My GP2X's arrival is imminent (I heard it will arrive before we land on Mars, so quick really) and I was wondering about the E-book. I'm trying to find other uses for my GP2X when it arrives and I had considered using it as a portable book rather than using my PC to do reading. For example putting a C++/SDL tutorial on the GP2X so I could read that and have the IDE on my PC at the same time, I don't like swapping screens and the glare for reading (but interestingly not typing, suppose I move my eyes away from the screen more) hurts my eyes too much. Another thing I had considered is that I intend on installing FreeBSD on one machine and the Manual is 900+ pages in size so printing isn't really an option.

Anyway my question is what formats can be used. I assume .txt would be there but is there any support for .pdf or html.

I know this is a boring topic but the ability to read technical manuals would greatly improve the value of my GP2X giving it a strong secondary use. Though probably there'll be no room when the PSX emu gets up to full speed.

TXT in the normal inmenu player. You can script mp3s in the background using madplayer at www.gp2x.de

There is a pdf viewer with bookmark support.

There is also a new ereader on www.gp32spain.com that has some neat features to try.

Also, the xynth program may have some built in readers also.

mth411 posted on Feb 6 2006 at 04:19 PM said:
TXT in the normal inmenu player. You can script mp3s in the background using madplayer at www.gp2x.de

There is a pdf viewer with bookmark support.

There is also a new ereader on www.gp32spain.com that has some neat features to try.

Also, the xynth program may have some built in readers also.

and don't forget Links which displays html pages

Last edited by a moderator:
Back