Dvd Burner

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
does anyone know a free DVD burning program to copy dvds onto your computor?
nero was good, but to expensive for the little use i need it for.
i know they do a trial version but then every 2 weeks i have to de-install and wipe any trace of it and download a 100mb file again.

pantera6 posted on Feb 7 2006 at 08:07 PM said:
does anyone know a free DVD burning program to copy dvds onto your computor?
nero was good, but to expensive for the little use i need it for.
i know they do a trial version but then every 2 weeks i have to de-install and wipe any trace of it and download a 100mb file again.

This needs to be in the off topic section. And are u using windows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing you're on Windows? Poor sap.

Now, you're mixing terms. You want to know of a DVD burning program that copies DVDs to your computer. Well, which one is it?

sorry i dont go over what i write
i should stop rushing thigs
yes i use windows

If nero is too expensive for you you should really give linux a try. k3b (the KDE CD/DVD burning program) is easily my favourite burning app. It even beats nero for me, though only just.

Basically, when money is an issue linux often offers you best-of-breed applications at zero cost. You can't beat that.

i wish i could install linux, but the lovely piece of junk i dare call a PC will proably explode somehow if i try install linux
and i dont have much time to install it either, as aprently it takes a while.

You could try booting it with a live cd, such as knoppix. You could see how well the pc runs with linux, without risking installing anything.

whie we are on the topic of putting linux on old machines what would you guys suggest for putting on an old imac. You know the ones that were a color on the back but clear every where else. i tried ubuntu from a live boot cd but the screen was just blank once it booted. I dont know why. Anyway, i have never used linux so this would be to learn the OS so nothing too intense please.

Fyvve posted on Feb 8 2006 at 12:19 AM said:
whie we are on the topic of putting linux on old machines what would you guys suggest for putting on an old imac. You know the ones that were a color on the back but clear every where else. i tried ubuntu from a live boot cd but the screen was just blank once it booted. I dont know why. Anyway, i have never used linux so this would be to learn the OS so nothing too intense please.

Make sure you're using a PPC build of Unbutu. Also, you can try Yellowdog.
Oh.. and also, hold down the "C" key when booting Unbutu PPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really know what PPC ubuntu is. I just have three disks that i had them send me. One for 64 bit machines, one for regular PCs and one for Macs. And i do hold down C. It seems like it is booting it up just fine, until you get to the place where you expect the screen to go from a command line looking interface to the actual linux gui, it just goes blank like the screen isnt on.

Back