DVD Boxoffice

JDUK

Website
Visit site
I was considering ordering form DVDboxoffice.com as thier prices seem very low, im ordering from the UK. Has any one here ordered from them? did you get burnt for the import tax ?

Brought a few dvd's from them before and have never paid import tax, just order one or 2 at a time.

I buy all my USA Gamecube games from them. They are literally amazing. They mark everything as a gift - so, combined with the free worldwide shipping, the price you see, is the price you pay.

I have ordered multiple games (5 being the most at one time)from them at the same time, they always package them individually in brown, padded paper envelopes.

However, I did not buy my Gamecube from them. Combined with the fact I wanted a modded USA/Jap cube, I also didnt want to pay the shipping - they charge shipping on consoles. Saying this though, I do believe that I once read that gameboys etc were free shipping (dont hold me to that though).

I'd go for it if I was you. Maybe you should search around for a cheap GBASP over here, in the UK, and just get the games dirt cheap from them, I dont know.

The only complaint with them is 'time'. from your order being placed, it usually takes 1-2 weeks (to the day, either 1 week or 2), for the order to be sent - it then takes exactly 1 week to reach the UK. You could always pay for the DHL shipping - but then that defeats the purpose. I ordered Resident Evil with DHL shipping (I was desperate) from them, got it the day after release in USA. Also got a free Resident Evil T-Shirt for winning their competition. Got stung with import tax on that though, luckily it was a few games for friends inside the box, so we could split the cost.

OMG, I'm writing an essay here....must stop.....now...gotta to ..g..o...(thud)

Bummer about the 2 - 3 week wait :( i was gonna get an SP as an impulse buy as my bank statement came today and i was pleasently suprised and theres fudge all out for Xbox worth buying (that i dont have) and the Mrs has captured my GC so i dont get it long enough to play Zelda. And with Advance Wars 2, Mega Man BattleNetwork 3, Golden Sun 2 out it seemed time i gave the GBA another chance (My origonal pink ones gathering dust on the shelf).

Dang i want somthing cool to buy :angry: may just get an SP form town tomorrow ;)

Maybe I'm just insane, but why would you pay $90 (or the british equivilent) on a GBA SP when you already have a GBA? Is the backlight really worth that much money AND dealing with the uncomfortable control configuration?

I understand having extra money that you just want to spend on something. It's never actually happened to me, but I understand the concept :p Why not spend the money on more games instead of a redundant console?

Actualy i think i may have found another outlet for my spending cravings ... modding my Xbox so i can play Knights Of the old Republic & Soul Calibre 2 on import. :D

JDUK posted on Jul 19 2003 said:
Actualy i think i may have found another outlet for my spending cravings ... modding my Xbox so i can play Knights Of the old Republic & Soul Calibre 2 on import. :D
There you go! THAT'S a worthwile investment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back