Usps - Express Mail

Steve-O

If I choose this shipping option (as it has Tracking etc) to get a item shipped from the USA to the UK, Will I be more likely to be charged Import Tax etc ??

of course you will be charged the tax and any duties, but i think thats billed in when you pay for shipping. I sent something to Canada recently and was not charged the DST seperate, it was billed into the price of the post.

KickinWing posted on May 31 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
of course you will be charged the tax and any duties, but i think thats billed in when you pay for shipping. I sent something to Canada recently and was not charged the DST seperate, it was billed into the price of the post.

Not always. Liksang don't add on duty. So yes, you will be VERY likely to pay the duty....!

Sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lik Sang is also not in the US so it might be different there, but my company ships stuff all over the world and we get charged duties and taxes for each shipment so a parcel would be no different, it's all up to the Government of the country that the item is shipping to that determines the duties and taxes, but I believe the US postal service has all the equations and stuff to figure it out.

Ooohhh, excellent the monthly import tax thread.......

Actullay, I have a querie. I heard there were 3 classifications that you can lable any shipment, New, Gift, and Used. I know gift is the most likely to save money, but cant be insured, and I know new is full charge, but waht ahppens if its labelled as Used?

sam fisher posted on May 31 2005 at 09:16 PM said:
my brother just recieved his vader suit with this. and as far as i know when my dad recieved it this moreing he did not get charged tax.

Yes, but he might get a letter later....

I have several waiting to be paid!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back