DVB-T TV on Pandora

That is what I wanted to test. It is smaller and has the scanning for channels etc. incoorperated. So it would be a better choice to watch tv, than vlc.

I had to send my pandora to ED so I can't test it at the moment. If you would like to test it and report back here, that would be great!

Also it has built in epg-viewer and easy record-function.

Sure thing, will try this evening. Chances one of my 3 sticks works with your compiled driver are slim though...

I've got the Tecctec Synergy T: http://cvs.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_XE Can't tell which revision though, I'm not at home yet; bought it half a year ago, also from Saturn. Probably Rev2 though ;)

Could you provide a working driver? I'm sorry that I think I can't do that myself :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing, will try this evening. Chances one of my 3 sticks works with your compiled driver are slim though...

I've got the Tecctec Synergy T: http://cvs.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_XE Can't tell which revision though, I'm not at home yet; bought it half a year ago, also from Saturn. Probably Rev2 though ;)

Could you provide a working driver? I'm sorry that I think I can't do that myself :/

Should work with the v4l version I compiled. You would just have to download the firmware and put it into the correct folder.

If it doesn't work you'll have to wait till the kernel on pandora gets updated. Some drivers need a newer kernelversion.

Edit: It has one of those chips:

Afatech AF9005 (Rev.1) Afatech AF9015 (Rev.2)

Here someone got a stick with the second chip working with the modules.

Edit2: Maybe you will need to install some other packages from the repro for epg support, but who knows ;-)

I tried it out last night, overwriting the modules folder of my panda-os on SD card with your version. I put the firmware for both dvb-t sticks in the corresponding folder and started me-tv: still can't find any dvb device.

As my OS on the SD card also has a non-working wifi and touch screen, there is something fishy going on anyways. The non working dvb device might rather be the result of my crumbling os on sd. will have to fix that soon..

I tried it out last night, overwriting the modules folder of my panda-os on SD card with your version. I put the firmware for both dvb-t sticks in the corresponding folder and started me-tv: still can't find any dvb device.

As my OS on the SD card also has a non-working wifi and touch screen, there is something fishy going on anyways. The non working dvb device might rather be the result of my crumbling os on sd. will have to fix that soon..

OK, maybe reflash and try again.

you can also type dmesg in a terminal after connecting the stick and see if the driver and firmware is loaded. Did you do a "sudo chmod -R 775" on the folder after replacing? And did you restart after copying the modules?

As wifi and touchscreen are not working, the modules for that are in the folder too. So it could be, that your system can't access them without the command.

I checked the permissions, they seem to be fine. Touch/ wifi/ dvb still donesn't work, I'll have to reflash the SD card soon I guess..

Can you do drivers for my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950Q? I can't get it to work, and your download is gone.

This is an old thread but, seem very interesting. I wonder if I could get this tv stick here in the US and if it will work? Once I get my soon to be shipped e-wifi Pandora of course.

As this grave seems to have been freshly dug...

Having just flashed to HF6 and knowing some DVB-T drivers had been added, I had a bit of a techy evening thinking about, and trying to get, my DVB-T stick to work.

Pluging it in and trying to get VLC to work with it failed. From what I gather if the DVB-T USB device is recognised then (udev) creates a device /dev/dvb/adapter0. I got nothing.

lsusb lists the device. and dmesg shows a bit more information (just usb 1-2: messages) idVendor=06e1 idProduct=b339

Looking around, I think the drivers available for use on the Pandora live under /lib/modules/2.6.27.46-omap1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/. There a a number of directories at this level and drivers(modules) within.

ADS Tech MiniDualTV, the internet tells me, is using the TM6000 decoder chip. Unsurprisingly, I do not see anything vaguely named TM6000.

There seems to be an experimental driver available (source code thereof, link) so I guess I just follow mcobit's instructions above. :blink:

Note that this tutorial is completely outdated.
Right, couldn't find that "Digi vox mini air" via that link in the first post.. what I'm wondering about though is if those DVB-T adapters can handle MPEG4?

I know gravedigging this post, but I finally got some time to play with it.

I got it to work for ATSC here in the US, I used this to generate the channels.conf

Code:
scan -A1 -d0 -t1 -o /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB > ~/channels.conf

I can seem to get 720p channels and lower to work well with VLC, but true 1080p channels just seem to be a frozen picture.

EDIT: FYI I have a WinTV-HVR-1950 I needed to copy the firmware file from the windows install and rename it v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw and put it in the /lib/firmware directory. I didn't need to do any Kernel compiling.. all I did was:

Code:
sudo opkg install dvb-apps dvb-scan dvb-tzap

Then what I mentioned prior

Code:
scan -A1 -d0 -t1 -o /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB > ~/channels.conf

Then open the channels.conf in VLC

A bit of my lag when running higher resolution channels could be related to VLC being forced not to use the overlay.. the TV out script seems to always break this on me only reflashing seems to fix it.

Nice to hear. You are lucky, that your adapter is supported out of the box :)

I was cleaning up and stumbled on an old Pinnacle Hybrid TV Tuner that I had completely forgotten about. I wanted to try it on Pandora and had the same experience as TrashyMG: All I needed to do was install the mentioned packages (dvb-apps dvb-scan tvb-tzap) and copy three firmware files to /lib/firmware which I was able to find via these helpful instructions, the driver itself was already included on SuperZaxxon Pandora.

Scanning with

Code:
scan -A1 -d0 -t1 -o zap /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/ch-All > ~/channels.conf

took forever (>1hr) with lots of "tuning failed" errors since it's a really long list of stations for the whole country. I should probably have looked up my local stations and trimmed the list, but at the end it worked nicely and I can use the resulting channels.conf with the repo version of VLC.

I can't get my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950Q to work. I placed its firmware in the appropriate place, but there's still no /dev/dvb folder, and Me-TV says there's no DVB devices available. I don't have dvb-apps, dvb-scan, or dvb-tzap though. Do I really need those if I already have a channels.conf file?

dmesg output:

[  726.645019] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-omap

[  726.824981] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=2040, idProduct=7200

[  726.824981] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=10

[  726.824981] usb 1-2: Product: WinTV HVR-950

[  726.825012] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Hauppauge

[  726.825012] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 4032677588

[  727.192504] au0828: i2c bus registered

[  727.562591] tveeprom 4-0050: Hauppauge model 72001, rev B3F0, serial# 6145748

[  727.562622] tveeprom 4-0050: MAC address is 00:0d:fe:5d:c6:d4

[  727.562622] tveeprom 4-0050: tuner model is Xceive XC5000 (idx 150, type 76)

[  727.562652] tveeprom 4-0050: TV standards NTSC(M) ATSC/DVB Digital (eeprom 0x88)

[  727.562652] tveeprom 4-0050: audio processor is AU8522 (idx 44)

[  727.562652] tveeprom 4-0050: decoder processor is AU8522 (idx 42)

[  727.562683] tveeprom 4-0050: has no radio, has IR receiver, has no IR transmitter

[  727.562683] hauppauge_eeprom: hauppauge eeprom: model=72001

[  727.679290] analog subdev registration failed

[  727.808013] tuner 4-0061: Tuner -1 found with type(s) Radio TV.

[  727.808013] xc5000 4-0061: creating new instance

[  727.814849] xc5000: Device not found at addr 0x61 (0xffff)

[  727.814849] xc5000 4-0061: destroying instance

[  727.815826] au8522_attach: driver disabled by Kconfig

[  727.815826] au0828_dvb_register() Frontend initialization failed

[  727.815826] Registered device AU0828 [Hauppauge HVR950Q]

Back