Duke Nukem 3D available for free on Gog.com

Signing up and getting Duke Nukem3D also bags you 10 other games for free. :)

(Found this out yesterday when RetroRemakes (OW VG) mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does anyone know if these games are playable in win 3.11 in qemu or something? :p

• Teenagent => ScummVm
  • Ultima™ 4: Quest of the Avatar => There is a reimplementation available
  • Warsow => Linux x86 binary available, but port to Pandora would need a lot of work and its probably too demanding
  • Treasure Adventure Game => Needs Windows XP and above
  • Beneath a Steel Sky => ScummVm
  • Lure of the Temptress => ScummVm
  • Tyrian 2000 => OpenTyrion (see Wikis game section), Note, OpenTyrion only implements Tyrian 2.1 not Tyrian 2000
  • Dragonsphere =>Dosbox / Qemu (DRDOS, MSDOS)
  • Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire => Dosbox / Qemu (DRDOS, MSDOS)
  • Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams => Dosbox / Qemu (DRDOS, MSDOS)
  • Duke 3D => eDuke32

Edit: as elwing pointed out there is a OpenTyrion Port for the Pandora

yeah the eduke32 PND works just fine.. someone really should backup those PNDs on the old app site just in case.

• Tyrian 2000 => could work in Qemu, but probably too demanding

wait, we got no port of openTyrian yet??? even my DS and my Wii got one...

edit: http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/

2nd edit: hum just noticed Tyrian 2000. this opensource version only run the version 2.1 meaning no episode 5 and such improvement. but I can't find OpenTyrian in the repo any way, and it seems to be pure C using SDL and SDL_net only...

had a quick try, works fine (after installing the game, only the "DUKE3D.GRP" file needs to be copied to the eduke32 appdata directory).

Is it possible to look around with the right nub ?

2nd edit: hum just noticed Tyrian 2000. this opensource version only run the version 2.1 meaning no episode 5 and such improvement. but I can't find OpenTyrian in the repo any way, and it seems to be pure C using SDL and SDL_net only...
thanks for the correction - I always confuse tyrian with raptor <_<

hum, last thing, gog offer tyrian 2000, but tyrian 2.1 has been released as free by its author...

Is it possible to look around with the right nub ?

There maybe, but you may have to set the right nub to mouse mode before launching..

I actually had to spend a good 20 mins rebinding the keys the way I want them. I use A/B/X/Y buttons for forward/backwards and strafing and the left nub for looking and direction.

Question...

Lets say, for example, I bagged a Mac computer [boo yaa hiss! - I know] ... Would GOG be worth me signing up for to get some decent/cheap gaming sorted?

I've no idea about Mac or OSX but have one of these machines coming my way, going to get rid of my Windows laptop and just use this and run Windows under the VM Ware or Parralels or something, also run a copy of Bodhi Linux under VM Ware too.

Wondering about games on the OSX though, I noticed that this Duke Nukem 3D is supporting that OS

Any thoughts [besides mocking of Apple products in general though] :)

Default mapping is not ideal - Also has anyone tried - Hires/3D models packs on Pandora yet? (I don't remember if our port supports it or not.)

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:26 AM by mindlord

The HRP needs the OpenGL driver working. So, no, at least until someone converts the opengl driver to gl/es... and even there there's probably not enough ram laying around for that.
Source

so, nope

Question...

Lets say, for example, I bagged a Mac computer [boo yaa hiss! - I know] ... Would GOG be worth me signing up for to get some decent/cheap gaming sorted?
See here. Short: they are trying to get most/all of their portfolio to work on MacOSX, but it will take some time

Thanks thatgui, sounds good news that.

Think I will register and nab this whilst I can then

Done... and look forward to playing this freebie Tyrian 2000, looks decent from a quick Google image search.

Nice one

If you're using Parallels on your Mac then you've got the best of both worlds. I use Parallels 6 on my MacMini and it's great.

Done... and look forward to playing this freebie Tyrian 2000, looks decent from a quick Google image search.
hope you don't take it as an insult: on the Pandora it is even better

None taken :)

I'm sure it does look and play nicer on the Pandora ... Don't worry, one day I will have my Pandora too, and will d/l this for it.

Do love a good shooter.

iprice, I was looking at Parallels, rather than using the built in Bootcamp partition tool, but then read a little article about VMware Fusion 5;

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

Which, from what I see of it, looks a nicer alternative, seems they all do the same thing basically, allow you to run Windows OS, but I like that Fusion allows you to run them like native OSX applications, letting you run Windows programs using Spotlight and Launchpad. Also can use the gestures that OSX offers with the Windows programs.

For that reason, I'm looking at Fusion over Parallels.

Sorry to go off topic from GOG a bit there...

I don't use my Mac much and Parallels does the job for me - when I was doing research at the time (3 years ago) Parallels was the best alternative. I just know it works well.

Back