Drumbox 0.1a

rooster

Website
Visit site
Here is v0.1a of my GP2X drum machine 'drumbox',

it's got 10 ch. 44.1khz 16 bit sound and it's ultimately meant to be a serious music app rather than a dick-around toy, although its early days so it's a bit more like the latter atm :p

download it here, then start russling up some tasty grooves! There are 2 demo patterns to get you started.

Nice! Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

After I finish my first game, an audio app is next on deck. Hope to see more and more of this stuff on here :)

Really great little program :)
It seems to work very well already.
Will be awesome when you/we can add new samples,cant wait for future releases!

dockthepod posted on Jul 12 2006 at 10:15 PM said:
Nice! Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

After I finish my first game, an audio app is next on deck. Hope to see more and more of this stuff on here :)

A tracker port like soundtracker or milky tracker will be nice!!!! :D

@rooster:

great stuff!!!!
is it possible to export patterns as wave (or mp3 or ogg)?
it will be nice to create patterns or loops (and variations) and use this on a soundtracker as one instrument (maybe in future mobile ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, and exactly what the little GP2X needs!

I've got MidiShareGP2X working .. and am about to do a Developers-Only release of it, so maybe you can use it to add MIDI to Drumbox real soon now ..

Nr.56 posted on Jul 13 2006 at 07:19 AM said:
is it possible to export patterns as wave (or mp3 or ogg)?
it will be nice to create patterns or loops (and variations) and use this on a soundtracker as one instrument (maybe in future mobile ;) ).

I think it would be nice to do this... to use drumbox output in another sequencer or other future music software on the 2X.

That said, this feature is not at the top of the list atm which is geared towards obvious improvements like load/save patterns etc. I'll bear it in mind though.

Nr.56 posted on Jul 12 2006 at 11:19 PM said:

You mean like:

gp2x.jpg

:) :)

Go to the milkytracker homepage for more info.

I got a copy of it yesterday via IRC. It boots up, but I can't get it to play. WIP for sure, but could be cool once they add shortcuts for things. Right now you just use the stick to move a cursor around and click.

I plan on writing something more tailored to the GP2X, focused on interactivity, not really a sit down and compose sort of thing.

dockthepod posted on Jul 13 2006 at 08:06 PM said:
Nr.56 posted on Jul 12 2006 at 11:19 PM said:

You mean like:

gp2x.jpg

:) :)

Go to the milkytracker homepage for more info.

I got a copy of it yesterday via IRC. It boots up, but I can't get it to play. WIP for sure, but could be cool once they add shortcuts for things. Right now you just use the stick to move a cursor around and click.

I plan on writing something more tailored to the GP2X, focused on interactivity, not really a sit down and compose sort of thing.

i test at time the littlegptracker. it works fine and it is easy to use.
when can i get a public release of milky, maybe with added shortcuts? B)

Back