Drsms V2 Released

Reesy

Certified Guru
Website
reesy.gp32x.de
NOTE: This release is old now, see the following for v3

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60186-drsms-v3-released/

Hi,

I've done a minor update to the Caanoo DrSMS port. DrSMS is a Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear emulator, the download is below.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/drsms_v2.zip

Changes

Deadzone configuration for Caanoo analogue joystick.
There is now a option on the main menu to allow you to configure the deadzone, this setting can be saved to disk so you should only have to set this up once.

Quick saves now save to disk.
When your press R, the emulator will now create a save state and save this to disk. You can change which save state slot is used by changing the new "Default Save State Slot" options found in the SMS or GG options screen.

Installation Instructions

Extract the contents of the release zip file to the apps directory on your SD card.
Copy your zipped or unzipped SMS/GG roms anywhere you want on the SD card..just remember where you put them.

DrSMS should now appear on your Caanoo APPS menu, select it to launch it.

The menu is pretty straight forward, just go to the SMS or GG rom select option.
Browse to where you stored your roms and select the game you want.

In Game Keys

UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT = SMS UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT
X = SMS Button 1
B = SMS Button 2
I - SMS Pause Button / GG Start Button
L - Quick Load
R - Quick Save
Home - Enter Menu

Thats about it, just leave a post here if you get stuck and someone will help you.

Later
Reesy

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something that this emulator REALLY needs, and that's the start button being mapped to Y for Game Gear games. Some Game Gear games like Micro Machines, Mortal Kombat, and Ecco the Dolphin use this button for gameplay purposes.

Hirolaser said:
Reesy, can you port this to GP2X? there are still a lot of GP2X users who enjoy using it.

A Wiz port would be great, too! We are seriously missing good Game Gear support on the Wiz. GP32 would also be neat, but we still have fSMS32 on there for the time being. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just fixed an issue with how interrupts are handled which has fixed lots of games

Also found an issue with DrZ80, the SET (HL) & RES (HL) opcodes were not using the memory handler to update and were instead just updating memory directly. This was breaking the rom paging in a few games, so Shining force 2 now works and Defender of Oasis now runs a lot further...and then crashes :(

I've also added vsync support.

I'll package up and release at some point.

Later
Reesy

can you please map the start button to y to make games like mortal kombat and ecco the dolphin more playable66

9sorry, my shift key doesn't work anymore, lol0

Back