Drsms V1 Released

Does this emulator work with FM audio? I want to play the fan-translated version of Phantasy Star with FM audio.

Reesy said:
Nope, sorry only PSG emulation in DrSMS
Aw, that's too bad. Maybe in a later release? I haven't yet found a portable SMS emulator that supports FM. It must be pretty hard to emulate, in that case. Or is there just a really low demand for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
DrSMS runs all of the games I wanted to play, I have no further interest in adding any extra to it. There are lots of other open source emulators that do support the FM chip...but no one can be bothered to port them :)

Reesy said:
There are lots of other open source emulators that do support the FM chip...but no one can be bothered to port them :)
Ha ha, such is the beauty and the tragedy of the homebrew community. :) Oh, well. I'm sure you did a fine job with the emulator as it is; I will be able to tell for myself once my Caanoo arrives in a couple days. I just was curious to ask because the FM audio in the MKIII version of Phantasy Star is such a massive improvement over the Master System version.

Reesy said:
DrSMS runs all of the games I wanted to play, I have no further interest in adding any extra to it. There are lots of other open source emulators that do support the FM chip...but no one can be bothered to port them :)

Well it's awesome the way it is Ressy, so cheers mate!

But I for one would LOVE to see someone support the Sega SG1000/SC3000. I believe the earliest Master Systems were compatible.
The SC3000 sold by the bucket load in New Zealand and Australia. I bloody loved mine!

Reesy said:

What the emulator having no deadzones though. I can't actually play the games properly because there are no deadzones. Sorry if that sounds like a criticism.

V2 released, adds deadzone configuration and quick saves which save to disk.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59623-drsms-v2-released/

Later
Reesy

Reesy said:

Reesy said:

Later
Reesy
Wait, what? I thought you said that you were done developing this emulator; what changed your mind?

lisalover1 said:
Reesy said:

Reesy said:

Later
Reesy
Wait, what? I thought you said that you were done developing this emulator; what changed your mind?

I've actually been using DrSMS lately and started having issues with the deadzone, so I thought I would fix it. Plus I've also been using Picodrive and found that having the quick saves save to disk was very handy, so I wanted to have the same functionality in DrSMS...so I added it....so I'm done again :)

Reesy said:
lisalover1 said:
Reesy said:

Reesy said:

Later
Reesy

I've actually been using DrSMS lately and started having issues with the deadzone, so I thought I would fix it. Plus I've also been using Picodrive and found that having the quick saves save to disk was very handy, so I wanted to have the same functionality in DrSMS...so I added it....so I'm done again :)
I know you have a life outside of here and appreciate everything you do but if you ever get a chance could you try to fix tvout?

I don't have a cable, so I can not test this which makes it difficult to fix. I can't find any documentation on how to get the TV out working..if you can point me in the direction of any documentation I'll have a go.

Reesy said:
I don't have a cable, so I can not test this which makes it difficult to fix. I can't find any documentation on how to get the TV out working..if you can point me in the direction of any documentation I'll have a go.
I don't have any documentation but I can donate the money or order one here and mail it to you.

@ Reesy.

I had wondered whether he could zx81 perhaps a different, better version of GBA Emulator gpsp publish. He told me that he has not rewritten but it had solved only a buck. He also told me that he would not work on the GBA emulator. So I wanted you to ask whether maybe you could try a better version of the GBA emulator gpsp publish. After all, there's even a better one. Had a good PSP version had. Unfortunately, I do not know how to describes such Emu `S so that they run on the Caanoo. Can you help out there.

a better gba emu for caanoo? yes, i agree, a little optimized then the actual is :/

Back