Drmdxv5beta4

See, It's like this:
The new drmd has the default romfolder on sd/drmd, wich was sd/roms/megadrive on the previous version.
Now, if you run the new version, it will look in the drmd folder instead (In wich there are savegames to your games, obviously) So just browse your card with the selector and select the actual romfolder and load a real rom :)... Had the same happen to me.

If you selected your romfolder you can make it the default folder by selecting the option "Save Current Rom Directory" somwhere in the MD options menu.

Unfortunately I get the black screen on some roms from time to time as well, I guess there's a reason why it's called a beta :) Mighty fine release though, DrMD is probably the most well-executed Genesis emulator ever regardless of platform (the speed - compatibility ratio is amazing!).

- Alex

Unfortunately I get the black screen on some roms from time to time as well, I guess there's a reason why it's called a beta :) Mighty fine release though, DrMD is probably the most well-executed Genesis emulator ever regardless of platform (the speed - compatibility ratio is amazing!).

- Alex
Yes, I just got a GP2X and first thing I tried is the DrMD beta 4 and it runs Sonic and Knuckles full-speed with no overclock.

Amazing emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
reesy wrote in the release thread that he had the problem that some roms will work at times and then not work when tried a different time. Also somebody reported that drmd freezes after running the new squidgesnes mmu hacked version. This might have to do with the hack. Let's wait and see if reesy comes up with a solution... I guess that won't take too long.

Whenever I load a Game The Screen just stays black....is there a way to fix this? :(

Well, I've confirmed it. The MMU hack does not work with the Open 2X Firmware. I couldn't get any of the programs with the MMU hack to work. I just upgraded to Firmware 2.0 and it now works like a charm.

See, It's like this:
The new drmd has the default romfolder on sd/drmd, wich was sd/roms/megadrive on the previous version.
Now, if you run the new version, it will look in the drmd folder instead (In wich there are savegames to your games, obviously) So just browse your card with the selector and select the actual romfolder and load a real rom :)... Had the same happen to me.

If you selected your romfolder you can make it the default folder by selecting the option "Save Current Rom Directory" somwhere in the MD options menu.

When I tried to run the new Drmd, it just stop on Checking Roms Directory step, it seems to look for roms in the current dir and in the current dir\MD. I have tried to put roms in there but it just doesn't work. Always freeze on the same 'Checking Roms' screen.

Where do I need to install it? on sd/drmd? Currently it is installed in sd/emulators/megadrive/ and my roms are in sd/roms/megadrive. I am running firmware 2.0

Many thanks!

See, It's like this:

When I tried to run the new Drmd, it just stop on Checking Roms Directory step, it seems to look for roms in the current dir and in the current dir\MD. I have tried to put roms in there but it just doesn't work. Always freeze on the same 'Checking Roms' screen.

Where do I need to install it? on sd/drmd? Currently it is installed in sd/emulators/megadrive/ and my roms are in sd/roms/megadrive. I am running firmware 2.0

Many thanks!

Ok, sounds like a real newbie now but found the solution to my problem. The directory MD, GG and SMS were required otherwise DRMD just didn"t start.

Slightly off topic - the new v5beta4 doesn't recognise the Start key in some games (i.e. Faerytale). I get as far as the screen that says 'Press Start'. No other key gets me any further. I also have v5beta2 and it works flawlessly. Any help guys :(

jrrsteve posted on Jul 5 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
Slightly off topic - the new v5beta4 doesn't recognise the Start key in some games (i.e. Faerytale). I get as far as the screen that says 'Press Start'. No other key gets me any further. I also have v5beta2 and it works flawlessly. Any help guys :(

Try configuring the buttons manually in the menu. It seems in the new beta, the controls can be a little screwed up at first.

gaterooze posted on Jul 5 2006 at 03:46 PM said:
jrrsteve posted on Jul 5 2006 at 01:38 PM said:

Try configuring the buttons manually in the menu. It seems in the new beta, the controls can be a little screwed up at first.

Tried that but still no joy with Faerytale

I'm using the latest beta, v5b5, and just tested "Faery Tale Adventure, The (U) [!]". Worked perfectly first go...

Give the new version a shot (it gets rid of those flickering lines too). Hope it works for you.

Thanks gaterooze. Sorry I didn't get back (was on holiday). Will try v5b5 ASAP.

Sorry guys - still no joy - not even with 5b6. What the heck am I doing wrong ??

try a different rom
I got that with a version of Wonderboy Monsterworld, then tried a diff. one, and it worked great.
did you try gateroozes exact rom?..if it works for him...

I used to get this blank screen business and it's a total pain.
ONe thing I discovered is to keep the fresh roms on my desktop as backup..then just re copy them into the GP2x when they go srewy like that.

MOre things I've concluded:
- some save states screw up the sound in 5b5, so I use 5b2 for games like WOnderboy 6
- Evander Holyfield Boxing...only works for me unzipped.
- Herzog Zwei..no sprites
- Skitchin & FOrgotten Worlds - they don't work past the title screen
- Sensible Soccer only works for me now on 5b5
- Virtua Racing is unsupported
-NBA Jam Tournament Edeition - only greenlines

anyone else?

Back