Drmd Version 4.1

tennisbox posted on Oct 26 2005 at 05:22 PM said:
Can anyone explain why Zany Golf defaults to the Select button to play the game. This is impossible with a blu as more than 3 seconds holding the select button turns off the light. I have tried configuring the keys and also the games asks for a key that you are going to use. This makes no difference once the game starts. Is there a way round this?

Zool still resets GP

I have been playing Zany Golf and there is no problem, Reesy prevented SLECT from turning off the light even in the first versions of DrMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely correct, I accidentally disabled the light on/off function on BLU+ models. I still have no idea what causes it but hey it works :)

this has to be the best news since my power came back on!!! dling now...

Reesy posted on Oct 27 2005 at 05:46 PM said:
Not entirely correct, I accidentally disabled the light on/off function on BLU+ models. I still have no idea what causes it but hey it works :)

The first TRUE "undocumented feature" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jaw. That version of Zool works great.

Different version of Zany Golf fixed the button selection problem. Thanks White Falcon.

Seems there are a lot of different versions of the same game out there. Some work and some dont!!

is anyone haveing problems with saveing states? on sonic 3 and knuckles attached when ever i try saveing it crashes and reboots after waiting some time for the save to complete....

Steve

DaveC posted on Oct 28 2005 at 04:08 AM said:
Reesy posted on Oct 27 2005 at 05:46 PM said:
Not entirely correct, I accidentally disabled the light on/off function on BLU+ models.  I still have no idea what causes it but hey it works :)
The first TRUE "undocumented feature" :p

Not at all - it is because DrMD uses a certain timer (I think it is timer3...) which disables the BLU+ light ;)

Last edited:
I am having problems with saving states in games (it waits a while then crashes) but I assumed that it was because I have a malfunctioning SMC. If other people have it, then maybe I'm not the only one...

So can most people save states, then?

yeah thats what im getting , i cleared extra space on smc and scandisked it allso restored roms from backups incase file damage,still cant fix it..

steve

There is a problem with the current version of DrMD, its to do with the memory banking that I've have just added. In my excitement at getting it working I forgot to add some very important code that will reset the banks when a new rom is loaded and to also update the banks when a save state is loaded.

It won't affect every game but if you load a game that uses rom banking you will probably have problems with other games afterwards and you will also have problems with save states.

I'm half way through fixing it but I've *got* to go out now on a stag night and get absolutely plastered, oh the hardship. I would have fixed it last night but I screwed my computer up and have only just got it up and running.

Later

Reesy

Reesy,

I'm glad you went out to get plastered - If DrMD were your day job I'd say you were a work-a-holic.

But I am glad you are working on DrMD - its such well developed emu.

thanks (again)

Back