Drmd V5 Beta 8 - Gp32 Release

Sorry Reesy for this bug-report, but when i re-scan the rom directory (contains 45 roms) on my GP32BLU+ i get a reset (btw: only with the new release). :(
I can confirm that I too get this error with my BLU+ running BLU+ version, and it resets at random times during the scan (I have 93 roms). After 20+ attempts it finally made it all the way through the scan and saved the romlist sucessfully...
And I've discovered another bug, when trying to save state, it reports "failed writing to zip file" and the GP32 freezes ... again, only this release :unsure:

EDIT : The exact error is "Failed to create file in zip... fail write"

Last edited by a moderator:
great news!!

i wonder if we will see another mame GP32 release anytime soon...

the sooner, the better.... :rolleyes:

Sorry Reesy for this bug-report, but when i re-scan the rom directory (contains 45 roms) on my GP32BLU+ i get a reset (btw: only with the new release). :(

And I've discovered another bug, when trying to save state, it reports "failed writing to zip file" and the GP32 freezes ... again, only this release :unsure:

I can only confirm that.

Congratulations for this new (hope not last) update. I've found another bug: The game "Castlevania The New Generation/Bloodlines" has stopped working!! On version 4.1 it worked fine until you reached the clock stage (stage 4-8 on New Generation), where you had to pass through some kind of grey circle that, whatever you did, if you touched it you were killed. I was hoping that you could solve this error on future updates.

See you!

Thanks for the replies.

I'm having the same problem with save states, I'm sure I tested this before the release but obviously not. I'll investigate what is causing this issue, I might have changed something is the zlib library I'm using which may have broken things.

Had a fright yesterday as my GP32 stopped working but after a few hours of emergency soldering I managed to revive it :rolleyes: .... thank fully.

Later
Reesy

What happened with it?
Untill now i've never heard of a spontaneous Gp32 breakdown (Besides smc or firmware problems)

I'm having the same problem with save states, I'm sure I tested this before the release but obviously not. I'll investigate what is causing this issue, I might have changed something is the zlib library I'm using which may have broken things.

A bug in the zlib library would indeed explain the two main issues.

Had a fright yesterday as my GP32 stopped working but after a few hours of emergency soldering I managed to revive it :rolleyes: .... thank fully.

What was the cause ? In each case, it's great that it works again :)

My GP32 problems were caused by a voltage mod I did years ago. I've never had a problem until now, so I had to desolder it and put it all back on. Everything should be okay now for the next couple of years.

I've found what is causing the problems in DrMD, its because a made a change to increase the maximum size of roms. Zlib is crashing because it doesn't have enough memory in order to compress the files. I'll quickly change the setting back to its original value and make another release.

Download DrMDv5b9.zip
Download DrMDv5b9-BLU+.zip

I'll see what I can do about the file scanning problems now.

Later
Reesy

Thank you Reesy!!

I pulled out my GP32 again cuz of u!!

There are two games i really love

Dodge ball - kuy kid <--this works with 3.9 beta so i have both the new version of DrMD and 3.9 for this game

and

Ginghes Khan 2 is one of the greatest games i ever played but this does not work well
i cannot read letters which are not shown for transparency i guess

I hope the new version can play these two games

Thank you

I am still having trouble with the scan directories. My roms are zipped individual .bin files, but the scan returns 0 roms. Is there anywhere I can find the old version of DrMD

Edit: Ah, found it: http://reesy.gp32x.de/

Have you defined your rom-directory in the file named 'Romdir.opt' ?
You must place it here: GPMM\DrMD\MD.

BTW: The standard rom-path is: 'dev0:\GPMM\ROMS\MD'.

The readme file is abit of a mess so I'm not surprised you missed it, at least your up and running now. Has anyone else had any problems scanning files with the new version?

Works fine, but got the message when i did't use the standard rom-path: 'GP32:\GPMM\ROMS\MD'.

Maybe you could clean up the readme for dummies like me.

Thanks for this last beta version! I've noticed that Castlevania still doesn't work (it did on drmd 4.1) and now there are some background bugs on Sonic 3 & Knuckles (I've found them on the first encounter with the middle boss on Angel island act 1, just when the robot burns all the stage). Could you please solve this? I would like to finish once for all the Castlevania game for Genesis on my GP32! Thanks!

See you soon!

I'm having problems scanning for files. On DrMD V 4.1, I kept my games in a folder called GENESIS. However, now I can't scan them so I read through the readme and I found out I had to alter the ROMDIR.OPT to get it to work. However, the file isn't in any of the folders the readme stated, so I have no idea how to make it so it finds my games. I even put one game in the MD folder and it still didn't scan it (the rom was zipped BTW). The only other file that's in the MD foler is a file called ROMLIST. When I open that all it says is "Re-scan Rom Directory" and "Main menu" so I'm assuming this is the file that runs the load game screen. Any ideas on what's wrong? I'm using a BLU+.

EDIT: Never mind, I worked it out. But I may as well say how I did it so other people won't face the same problem ;)

On the main menu, go to MD Options, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save Current Rom Directory". This will create the ROMDIR.OPT file which you can then edit.

Hi Reesy,
unfortunately, i've found another problem in the latest release (V5b9 BLU+), following games don't work anymore:

CASTLEVANIA - THE NEW GENERATION (emu freezes at game-start)
CHUCK ROCK (U) [c][!] (emu freezes after game start-logo (VIRGIN GAMES))
KLAX (U) [!] (emu freezes at game-start)

All 3 Games work fine with V5b7.

Regards

Back