Drmd V5 Beta 7 - For The Gp32

R

Reesy

I've updated the GP32 version of DrMD. Its basically the same code as the GP2X version however due to memory constraints I'm not going to be able to release one program with MD,SMS and GG support instead there will be one program for MD emulation and a another for SMS and GG emulation.

I've got the MD version of the code working now, so I thought I'd release a version so that you lot can break it for me and tell me what needs fixing.

I've still got a bit of work to do on the SMS/GG version of code so they won't be released for a while.
[cut]
The new version defaults the rom directory to GPMM\ROMS\MD directory. There is no way for you to change this in the program, however you can manually update the ROMDIR.OPT file in the GPMM\DRMD\MD directory and change the default directory. Simply open the file in a text editor and change the directory to what ever you want.

Save state format has changed and will not be compatible with older versions of DrMD but should be compatible with GP2X and GIZMONDO savestates.

I think thats about it. See below for the download.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/DrMDGP32_v5b7.zip

Later
Reesy[/cut]

rabbits with hats posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
Quick help please!

How do you save screen type?

Ahh, problem number 1. I'll make it save the config as you change the selection. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. It works very well. It still amazes me that the emulators on the GP32 are BETTER than most of the emulators on the PSP. Better programmers I guess.

Rabel1

Reesy posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:25 PM said:
rabbits with hats posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
Quick help please!

How do you save screen type?

Ahh, problem number 1. I'll make it save the config as you change the selection. Thanks for your help.

Great. Thanks for a great emulator

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeaahh - "BUBBA'N'STIX", "JIM POWER" and "DESERT STRIKE" runs now with your new
release. Absolutely great :)
Now i'm missing only "VIRTUA RACING" and "STORMLORD". And if you could remove the
graphic-trash-lines below the screen in "KAWASAKI SUPERBIKE CHALLENGE", would i
be damned happy :))

Thanx Reesy - Keep on ! Good work !
(Can't wait to see how the SMS-Emu works :))

Wow! Great!

Not having tried it yet I wonder, is there any change in speed or is compatibility what's increased since the last GP32 release?

Cheers,
Talyz

Back