Download Pyra Debian OS (WIP)

Wifi is just as bad on mine as it is in the normal OS.. in fact, it's worse if i don't run "iwconfig wlan0 power off" first.

It also doesn't set the cpu speed, so it's left at the default speed, which is probably slower than what's normally used.

No nubs in there either, so you'll have to set them up manually : http://pandorawiki.org/Nubs#section_2

A pandora specific repo (or pandora specific packages) is an option, but not really a high priority for me at the moment.

Hello, the link given to download the nub firmware here is no longer working.  How can I get the nubs and touchscreen to work?  I'm using the latest Pyra image from ED's first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great and thank you so very much!  Works like a charm! 

One more question if I may:  How to get the touchscreen, wifi, and usb host to work?

Alright, so I managed to get WiFi and USBHost working.  This OS is fast and snappy on Pandora.  Recommend people to try this.

It does need a lot of small tweaks to work properly on pandora, so I wouldn't really recommend it to everyone.

The touchscreen should work automatically, all you need is the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ files from http://next.openpandora.org/pyra-rootfs-pnd.tgz in place for the calibration (and it enables hold=rightclick)

Also, to properly show the battery level, the pandora needs a patched battery applet, here's one for xfce : http://next.openpandora.org/omap5/xfce4-battery-plugin_1.0.5-5~1.gbp46851f_armhf.deb

(download to pandora, install with "sudo dpkg -i xfce4-battery-plugin_1.0.5-5~1.gbp46851f_armhf.deb", then add it to the top bar like any other xfce applet)

Thank you aTC for the touchscreen and battery applet.  I will definitely try this.  I'm loving PYRA OS on Pandora so far.  I've been using it for my real work believe it or not :)

OK, so now I also made TVout works which is great!  Strangely enough, I still can't get touchscreen and battery applet to work albeit following aTC's instructions in post #86.

Hey TrashyMG!

Good work here on this port to Pyra.  Tried it in Pyra OS on Pandora and it works very nicely.  Can all of the PNDs on the repo be ported to use hardfloat the way you've done here?

I have the source code for opentyrian, so It was an easy compile on the OMAP5 devboard and packaged it in a DBP file. there is no easy repackage without recompiling, so source code is needed. ptitseb most likely has all of his sources and can just recompile if need be, others can do the same. Notaz provided hardfloat version of his Starcraft and Diablo static recompiled ports and I got them working already, just figured Notaz should be the one packaging the DBP file for those.

Thanks!  Can hardfloat Starcraft and Diablo work on the Pandora with Pyra OS running good without SGX driver?

Yeah most likely they can run fine. Since Starcraft and Diablo are still WIndows programs even when ported to ARM, I had to compile WINE for ARM Hardfloat. I also had to apply a few registry hacks to get it working properly, so in theory it could be done. Just a bit more messy than opentyrian was by a long shot.

Can you post the .dbp files for these?

There is no DBP files for those... It's possible I could make them, but it's time consuming, not sure how I could hack in the Windows registry changes and I think Notaz could do a better job of it.

OK.  Now I have a little problem with your OpenTyrian dbp.  I downloaded it to the usb stick and then copied it over to my Pandora and launched it from my Pandora.  Worked fine.   Quit the game and  then removed the usb stick.  Launched the game again and it complained:

"Error: Unable to create appdata directory /dragonbox/appdata/OpenTyrian_C4ALL
Make sure you have the file system permissions to create this directory

Path: /home/led/Desktop/DBPs/OpenTyrian/./opentyrian.dbp
Package ID: OpenTyrian_C4ALL"

I looked into the usb stick and saw it created the above directory there.  Why does it link to my usb stick and not where I put the dbp file which is in a directory on my Pandora Desktop?

OK.  Now I have a little problem with your OpenTyrian dbp.  I downloaded it to the usb stick and then copied it over to my Pandora and launched it from my Pandora.  Worked fine.   Quit the game and  then removed the usb stick.  Launched the game again and it complained:

I looked into the usb stick and saw it created the above directory there.  Why does it link to my usb stick and not where I put the dbp file which is in a directory on my Pandora Desktop?

Very likely it may have been built wrong, I created that DBP file almost a year ago when the DBP system was still fairly early in development.

You placed it on your root filesystem, therefore it'll try to create its appdata directory on the root filesystem in /dragonbox, which normally isn't allowed.

Back