Download Pyra Debian OS (WIP)

I'd like to see the Pyra OS officially supported on the Pandora, for the best compatibility with Pyra software. Also, the better it works on Pandora, the more testing it'll get before the Pyra is released.

Pandian has just come out with a Jessie version and looks like it's in better shape at the moment, for people wanting one to use on the Pandora right now.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17950-pandian-mark3-beta//URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see the Pyra OS officially supported on the Pandora, for the best compatibility with Pyra software. Also, the better it works on Pandora, the more testing it'll get before the Pyra is released.

Pandian has just come out with a Jessie version and looks like it's in better shape at the moment, for people wanting one to use on the Pandora right now.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/17950-pandian-mark3-beta//URL]
While the Pyra OS is using Jessie as well and can run on the Pandora, I don't think aTc is planning to put much work into bettering the Pandora experience with it. So Pandian is most likely the better choice, you can always link to the Pyra specific repository to install the DBP system if need be. Both Pandian and Pyra OS on the Pandora could be used to build software for the Pyra, try out slashjag's DBP system and such.

I have just upgraded the installation

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

and almost everything went well except that xserver-xorg-video-fbturbo can no longer be installed.  It depends on xorg-video-abi-18 which is not available.  This is probably an upstream Debian issue but it does stop X working on the Pandora with this distribution.

Everything else works just as it did before and I am (personally) happy to work using the console alone if need be so this is not critical.  However, it would be good to get X back...  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just to earmark this for aTc if he bothers to read this thread anymore that the First Launch script fails after clicking "Run"

the first run wizard does actually work, but since i've built the last image using the pyra repo instead of my own packages, it ended up using some ancient version that only really shows the welcome screen.

I'll fix that, and see if i can update the pandora stuff a bit.

Thanks aTc for stopping by this thread. Any chance bluetooth and overclocking could work in the next version? Also, I posted this in Pandian Mark3 thread that can this be run in conjunction with SZ like Pandebian? If so, this could be cool as we can have armhf jessie with full PND support.

I wish aTc gives more love to the Pandora with this :)
use pandian mark III it's essentially the same OS.
Does pandian support SGX/pnds/nubs/etc?
Pandian uses hardfloat libraries and as far as I know there is only softfloat SGX driver for the Pandora, so SGX is a no... The rest I'm not sure of as I haven't used pandian. 

As far as I know Linux-Swat's Slackware distribution (SL4P) is the only alternant OS that really put effort in supporting the hardware fully. If you are set on using Debian, Pandebian that runs in a chroot on top of SuperZaxxon is a good choice, I've updated it to Wheezy and have had a generally good experience with it.

Pandian uses hardfloat libraries and as far as I know there is only softfloat SGX driver for the Pandora, so SGX is a no... The rest I'm not sure of as I haven't used pandian. 

As far as I know Linux-Swat's Slackware distribution (SL4P) is the only alternant OS that really put effort in supporting the hardware fully. If you are set on using Debian, Pandebian that runs in a chroot on top of SuperZaxxon is a good choice, I've updated it to Wheezy and have had a generally good experience with it.
Well, it wasn't my question but I can't run PanDebian. It says, "Remove your SD Card and then put it again, press ok to continue. If it doesn't work, reboot." I tried everything, but it doesn't work.

Pandian uses hardfloat libraries and as far as I know there is only softfloat SGX driver for the Pandora, so SGX is a no... The rest I'm not sure of as I haven't used pandian. As far as I know Linux-Swat's Slackware distribution (SL4P) is the only alternant OS that really put effort in supporting the hardware fully. If you are set on using Debian, Pandebian that runs in a chroot on top of SuperZaxxon is a good choice, I've updated it to Wheezy and have had a generally good experience with it.
Well, it wasn't my question but I can't run PanDebian. It says, "Remove your SD Card and then put it again, press ok to continue. If it doesn't work, reboot." I tried everything, but it doesn't work.
Hmm never encountered that issue.

I managed to fix my problem by basically doing a loopback file, but it now says "Failed to create /var/run". Please help me this is my 24th attempt to install this, never succeed.

I managed to fix my problem by basically doing a loopback file, but it now says "Failed to create /var/run". Please help me this is my 24th attempt to install this, never succeed.

did you try to install wheezy initially?  I remember having issues with that... if so, try installing squeeze and doing an apt upgrade to wheezy, I'm not sure if jessie would work seeing how init systems are totally different: 

https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-upgrade-debian-squeeze-to-wheezy 

did you try to install wheezy initially?  I remember having issues with that... if so, try installing squeeze and doing an apt upgrade to wheezy, I'm not sure if jessie would work seeing how init systems are totally different: 

Ok, I will try that tomorrow. In fact, I couldn't find jessie in the list so I will install squeeze and then do an apt-get upgrade... Thanks!

Isn't able to download squeezy :(  It is just able to download 8-9 packages and others fail to download (btw its not about my connection, I am able to download wheezy, but it doesn't work (it always says "failed to create /var/run"))
Can you please help me :D  (sorry for disturbing everyone)

Back