Download Pyra Debian OS (WIP)

Discussion in 'Pyra OS (Debian GNU/Linux)' started by EvilDragon, Dec 17, 2014.

1. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

you may want to get all of your conniptions ready for a fit. Just voice of experience with dealing with Ti things.

Edit: Ah didn't read the "not" in your sentence on the first read through.

2. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

That's alright. Although if it's all open, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

3. zmatt

zmatt Active Member

Ah interesting, I hadn't realized that part was open. The big problem however is the HDVICP2 (synonym for IVA-HD) binary codecs package, which is a dependency and every link to it seems dead. See also this thread, and this. Maybe this firmware blob is what we need, but I don't have the energy right now to try to plow through this maze to see if all the necessary ingredients are there and the whole thing can be made to work.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2016 ---
    It is not, and never has been, "all open". The actual codecs are binary, only the loader/management code on the M3/M4 subsystem is available, although the package with binary blobs necessary to compile it has apparently been unavailable since 2012 or so. It may be possible to extract them from the firmware image though, especially since the one I linked to above helpfully includes a linker map.

lukey and Silent-Hunter like this.
  4. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

I just browsed https://git.ti.com/ivimm/ipumm and it looks like the codec blobs are actually present in that git repo, the extrel folder contains several .lib files related to codecs that are apparently being linked into the M4s' firmware.

zmatt and Silent-Hunter like this.
  5. zmatt

zmatt Active Member

Score! :D

I wonder if anyone at TI even knows what is or isn't publicly released, there are soo many different repositories all over the place. How'd you stumble across this one?

6. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

7. KidPaddle

KidPaddle Member

I extract etnaviv driver from kernel source and renamed it to viv_gc320, than changed device tree file "omap5-uevm.dts", add a new simple node

gpu-subsystem-2d {
    compatible = "viv-gc320-gpu2d";
    };

I know, this is not complete, it is just for testing.

Than i replaced from structure dt_match all identifiers with "{ .compatible = "viv-gc320-gpu2d" },".

After compiling the dts and driver, replacing /usr/lib/linux-image-4.7.0-letux-pyra+/omap5-uevm.dtb with new one, rebooting board, and loading new driver viv_gc320 ....
    i got a kernel crash :), but this was expected by me.

The "probe" function for plattform driver, etnaviv_pdev_probe, is now called, this was missing before, but calling component_master_add_with_match() at end of this function crashes with invalid pointer.

We need a better device tree node, but at moment, i have no idea what for GC320 is needed.

Thomas

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. zmatt

zmatt Active Member

To add to the "hey look what I found" pile: firmware blobs and stuff for the Audio Engine in the Audio Back-End subsystem.

9. pyrat

pyrat Member

One needs blobs for audio? :(

10. TrashyMG

No, at least we currently don't, not sure what features these blobs add over the current opensource drivers.

pyrat likes this.
  11. pyrat

pyrat Member

Good. I was afraid.

Looking a little arround found this.It speaks of OMAP4 but in other places it says OMAP4+ and I tentatively assume it's the same block in OMAP4 and OMAP 5.
    Looks like mixers, filters, resampling and sDMA controllers for audio from diverse sources (like the modem sending audio from a call or a FM tuner).
    A little over my head. And not too much time right now

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  12. vandyswa

vandyswa Member

I'm trying this Pyra image for the Pandora because I was hoping Bluetooth would be in usable shape (it's a major failing of Pandian).
    How did you enable the BT device in the first place?

Thanks... Andy

13. klokik

klokik Newbie

As for the GC320, there is support for it (for AM57xx but it might worth a look) in latest Processor SDK 03.01.00, but still it's bound to bltsville and not some generic API.

14. Dino_Nerd

Dino_Nerd Still Fresh

Has anyone tested this using Raspberry Pi?

15. Urben

Urben Very Active Member

16. _jr_

_jr_ Advanced Member

The firefox-esr message following that one seems more serious to me.

17. TrashyMG

There is nothing that needs to be done, the base of PyraOS is still going to be Jessie or perhaps Stretch the further we wait... I just picked up these changes that fix this the other day on my OMAP5 devboard with a simple apt update.

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  18. Rubis Drake

Rubis Drake Member

Man, I would really like to figure out how someone could make a QEMU/VM setup and configuration for testing this rootfs.

Last I checked, someone even made an extremely bare-bones XBOX emulator with QEMU, and there's also one for the Ben NanoNote.

Is anyone using an ARM 32-bit (armhf) dev-board to test out this rootfs? Maybe we could use one based very closely off of the Pyra's hardware.

19. AndiTheBest

AndiTheBest Active Member

ClockworkCoder and Silent-Hunter like this.
  20. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

That would be a great idea!