Dosbox-Staging

go to the C: drive by typing C: (have to press fn+shift ; as the key mapping is odd in dosbox on the Pyra)

This is exactly why : is directly above (and to the right of) ; on the Pyra keyboard. If you use Fn+Shift in dosbox with any of the first 8 keys on the bottom row of the Pyra keyboard, you should get the symbol printed on the key directly above and to the right of it.

-Neelix

I know to prevent you from using Dosbox whit „Roms“ you have to prove that you really had a Dos PC and the games in the past , as a sort of copy protection
But it’s 25 Years since my last dos ..
it’s the same whit my French I had in shool: my English is now a bit better..
ok i will try today to get it to work, maybe whe see today some Dos Gameplay..

Geil es funktioniert, wie cool ^^
Awesome ^^ , why should I put it’s in a booring confic File when it’s much more fun when I have to type first the mount command ^^
Got Cawado and Nwurm to run; I’m quite impressed ^^
Shure I cheated by putting the dos folder in media/matzesu/pyra and not in the Pyra Rom folder, but there are just a few mb ^^
Oh and I don’t have sound?

i think I will need some more games ..

Some of the dos games are asking for the input device: what is the standard input mapped on? Keyboard? Or Gamepad?
Is the DPAD the Arrow Keys?

And if I would like I could look which path the Flobby Drive have and then just mount c on the flobby??

The simplest way I know to find the mount point of an unknown device is to look in /dev/sd* before and after plugging in the device, assuming it turns up as a mass storage device that's where most things appear in my experience. If the list of files there is the same before and after, try looking for some of the paths trashy mentioned like /dev/floppy, or since debian in my experience runs an automounter, look in /media, but you'll need a disc inserted to see that.

Edit: On the pyra, yes the d-pad is mapped to the keyboard arrow keys. I don't know when wsad became a standard control method in DOS games however, as far as I recall it was like that by the time of the original Doom. The game buttons are also keyboard keys, that of pgup/dn, home, end, insert and delete. Only the nubs appear as analogue devices, so may be mapped as joysticks or something, I'm not sure.

It would be a cool clickbait for my Chanel, I would need to make red arrows and round things on the thumbnail, but not that useful for the practice,
These things have only 1,3 mb or something, so I rather would use my sd card for saving of the games..

Maybe a future Pyra gets some flobby drive including.. ^^

What would happen if i use a diverent key than C? Would " mount ü /media..." would this also work?
I still have to test if i can use the Disk Drive..

And do whe have some menue keys? Or is using Dos Commands the only way..

in DOS. A and B are usually reserved for floppy disk drives and HDD start at C you can have multiple HDD and even multiple partitions on a HDD with each partition having its own drive letter. so as long as dosbox recognises ü as a drive letter then it should work. its just a mount point and i think you can label it any letter you want.

Reactions: rSl
Well there is no concept of ü in DOS, drive letters are A-Z, A: and B: are typically floppy drive assignments, C: is usually primary HDD. you can use others, but some software expect C:

Edit: Ninjad by spud42

Back