Does The Pandora Have A Pixel Shader?

Mrwwwman

Still Fresh
I was just wondering because a lot of things are starting to use this now. I doubt it does but there's no harm in just asking anyways.

they apply programatic effects to the rendered image... like lighting reflections and transparency also refraction etc i think ... but i could be wrong about that

teh_programerer said:
I guess not. I'm just curious as to whether the OP knows what it's about.
I just happened to word it wrong since I was in a hurry

What I meant was if the Pandora can support pixel shading, because my computer doesn't and there are some games out there that I've wanted to try that require it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrwwwman said:
teh_programerer said:

What I meant was if the Pandora can support pixel shading, because my computer doesn't and there are some games out there that I've wanted to try that require it.

Well, unless those games are open source, and capable of being ported to ARM-based processor architectures, you may be out of luck as far as the games you want to try out go, I'm afraid.

(Unless I've misread the quoted posting, and you weren't meaning that you're hoping to try games that may be meant for x86-based computers on the Pandora, in which case never mind this post. :p)

If your computer isn't capable of running games because of pixel shading try 3d-Analyse, or upgrading.

You should definitely upgrade tho, 'cuz damn dude. :eek:

Holokauston said:
Ryzure said:
If your computer isn't capable of running games because of pixel shading try 3d-Analyse, or upgrading.

You should definitely upgrade tho, 'cuz damn dude. :eek:

Shaders are for sizzies, my old GeForce MX 460 ruleZ! :ph34r:

No it doesn't, my Geforce2 GTS kicks its ass! (I am not sure why, driver development?)

Yes, you need to upgrade, and quite badly. Heck, I got a motherboard, Conroe-L (Core2 processor with single core), 1GB of RAM and a 7300GT for $150 (granted it was the DDR2 7300GT, but considering this guy can't even do pixel shading, damn.)

If you have a PCI based motherboard, just give up and upgrade as I said above. (all white slots, and maybe some huge black ones near the bottom of the case)

If you have an AGP motherboard and your processor is not a pentium 4 under 2ghz, don't spend more than $50 on a video card, I recommend a geforce 6600GT DDR3 (this is important, must be ddr3), or a geforce ti4200 if you can find one for ~ $30.

Anything more than that for an AGP card is very foolish, as mentioned above I upgraded to a pci-e motherboard, cpu, video card, and RAM for around $150, with the option to put in a killer budget card like the geforce 8800GT for $110 or the recently released $200 AMD/ATI 4850.

Mrwwwman said:
teh_programerer said:

Yeah it does support basically everything supported by Open GL ES 2.0 shader model.
http://www.khronos.org/developers/library/...rammability.ppt

The real question is how fast will it be - if it is slow then it won't be that useful beyond very simple lighting models and such.

Back