Does The Pandora Have A Microphone And Where Is It Placed?

txd

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Title explains it all.

I was wondering of this because this could mean we could make some kind of VoIP perhaps, which would be neat.

Don't quote me on this but I think it is on the hinge so it can be used open or closed. Maybe that was something else. Search the boards. I think mweston said the answer.

Yes.

When you search for the word "microphone", it's the first result :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
greenmikey said:
Don't quote me on this but I think it is on the hinge so it can be used open or closed. Maybe that was something else. Search the boards. I think mweston said the answer.
Yeah it looks awesome ^_^

Chip the Cool said:
When you search for the word "microphone", it's the first result rolleyes.gif
Thanks a lot chip ^_^ BTW when are u not on pandora forums ^_^

EDIT: i cant find info from the link you put here :-||
EDIT2: i searched and i found. Its located between 0 and 9 and can see use when the lid is closed too. Like the power indicators :D

i read the whole FAQ, and so i don't have to start a new topic, will it have a camera/webcam so I can video chat? and aren't some people working on IMing? will that have a webcam program?

There is no camera built in, you can use a USB camera if you have the drivers.. :)

What I'm curious about, is how well you could use the Mic to cancel out noise in the environement. This idea just came to me, and I haven't been able to find if it required multiple Microphones on the headphones themselves, which is what I would assume (still searching though).

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer.

There are also some sdio cameras about. I don't know anything about sdio so I don't know if default drivers would be able to properly handle the input.

This is cool because there are two sd slots on the pandora.

does anyone own a sdio camera? I wonder if the thin connection makes for a nerve wrecking time while constantly fearing the snap of the camera from the card.

benjymous said:
Milander said:
WhiteFalcon said:
This is interesting just for giving you the idea about what there is.

Is that serious. Or a joke?

They're SDIO cards. The Pandora supports SDIO cards (assuming a driver is available)

Sweet someone should make that 3rd SD slot that the OMAP3 supports, so we have room for a SDIO.
Because there's no way sacrificing the 2 slots that's already there :lol:

Back