Dodgy Sd

foleyjo

Can someone help. I put some tv episodes (XVid format) on an sd card. Somehow the card has become corrupted and only 3 files appeared but dont play and no matter how I delete them or format the card they always come back.
I cant do a scan disk because it just fails

Is there any program that can repair sd cards or should i bin it

I fixed one of mine with HDD Wipe Tool (also does flash media). It's freeware.

It fills the entire media with zeros whereas formatting does not. If this doesn't fix it, it probably needs chucking.

edit: After using utility (takes about 15 minutes), remove your card from your card reader and reinsert.

imhotep said:
I fixed one of mine with HDD Wipe Tool (also does flash media). It's freeware.

It fills the entire media with zeros whereas formatting does not. If this doesn't fix it, it probably needs chucking.

edit: After using utility (takes about 15 minutes), remove your card from your card reader and reinsert.

Thanks. Trying it now. Fingers crossed :unsure:

--Tried --No Joy byebye sd

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. Was it a cheap SD card? I found that when my cheap ones corrupted badly I couldn't rehabilitate them, but my Transcend SD card was recoverable with the wipe utility.

imhotep said:
Sorry to hear that. Was it a cheap SD card? I found that when my cheap ones corrupted badly I couldn't rehabilitate them, but my Transcend SD card was recoverable with the wipe utility.
Yeah it was cheapo nasty one about £6.
I got a few to put films on for when i go on holiday.
They were supposed to be 1GB but I can only use 968mb and now ones died on me. The others are alright though I must have took it out while it was still writing to it or something stupid like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Back