Do The People Around Here Need To Chill Out?

Do the people around here need to chill out?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm cold as ice, baby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's kind of natural for people to start getting a little antsy this close to the pre-order date. Pandora is a hot commodity, and there is a fair deal of "faith" involved in the project.

Maybe some people come off as intense, but that's because they love the product and believe in the community. I certainly can't fault them for their passion.

That being said, it really is hitting crunch time, and craigix and his battalion of ninjas are grinding as hard as they can to get Pandora ready. Too much forum distraction can't be a good thing.

We're 4 days away from the pre-order date. I think people are really going to have to make a decision: With the information I have now, am I comfortable shelling out 330$ (sorry, I'm Canadian) for a product that will arrive in 9-10 weeks, with a certain level of risk? For me, in my personal situation, the answer is yes. Some people, even though they might really want a Pandora, may find that they cn't commit to that, and that's fine. The next batch is not all that far away.

what is the problem with questioning the lack of real info is?

I was under the impression I'd see a final working Pandora before preorder, and subsequently learned that it isn't going to happen, and learned now that our preorder money will be used to produce said Pandora. Now, how many preorders will it take to produce? 3000? Is that what the 2 month wait till release is for? What if they only sell 2000? Does everyone worldwide know that their money is being used to create the opportunity to make them? That's fine if they do but....

The constant change is worrying. It's a fact that IX said we'd see a final P before preorder and now it's not only not a fact any more, but also we had to badger them to address it. I feel uneasy laying money down because of the constant shifting and can't see much difference between preordering and waiting for the second batch (if there is one even) other than the benefit of actually seeing one in actuality.
I don't get why people are so damning of others that simply expect to see the team fulfil their word.. I believe that there may well be more setbacks, due to past history and lack of substantial info, and 2 months to release is already enough for me so I don't think I am being a dick to say, no thanks. I'll wait to see it goes through fine, and see what I'm paying for.

So I'm neither of those options. It's not black and white, if you're happy to 'donate' towards this, fine so long as everybody has a choice. So don't flame me for choosing otherwise or not expecting that scenario, because it wasn't clear from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back