Dizzy Review

mat_basset

Website
www.yolkfolk.com
Dizzy started way back in 1987! When games had a spark to them… when you accepted the fact that your character would die without getting hit by anything! Ahh… the good old days! If you don’t remember dizzy, or you don’t know him at all! Then you better start reading!

“The Oliver Twins” were the creators of the game! They started off making games when they were young, and made dizzy to try something new! The Oliver twins made their first game by entering a competition on a Saturday morning children’s program! And the competition was titles “Make Your Own Game” and luckily and funny enough, they were the only people who entered! So they got 200 of their games sold… and the publicity starts here!

Like Mario for the Nintendo! And sonic for the Sega, Dizzy was for the Spectrum! You didn’t have to own it, but you had to know it! As it was relased on many different machines from the 8-bits to the 16-bits!

Games varied for different strategy levels! One minute you’d be collecting items and trying to defeat Zaks! And the other… you’d be running around picking up fast food whilst running away from monsters

The dizzy games are for everyone… even in this generation, it is still very much loved, and the biggest thing that keeps it together is community of Yolkfolk! – www.yolkfolk.com – is the most popular and active dizzy site/forum around! So if you’re a newbie seeking help on the games, or you want to talk about the games! Then step right it!

If you’re a dizzy expert, and you’ve completed every game! Then I want to tell you, you have not completed every game in the book (although there isn’t a book… but anyway) with games being made by the fans… for the fans

There are many people who make games not for a living but for a hobby, such as using the games factory, a click team product!

You can download many of the fan games at www.yolkfolk.com! Go on… get going!

Feedback can be given to the members of the yolkfolk forum, as many members there have made games, and would love to hear what you think about the games they have made!

Many fan games are much like the original loved ones, such as Andy UK’s games, called – (lost island dizzy) and (lost woods dizzy) which include many brain solving challenges!

Or, if you want something easy and relaxing, like shooting poogies, and watching them die! Then feel free to download all these games for free at yolkfolk.com!

As I said many fan games are made for the fans by the fans! And many of them are members on Yolkfolk forum which is www.yolkfolk.com/bb and as they say, please feel free to register!

DIZZY THE ULTIMATE CARTOON ADVENTUE - better known as Dizzy TUCA

Box Art

200px-Dizzy-original-cassette-cover.jpg

CPC Screenshot

Dizzy-original-screenshot.png

www.yolkfolk.com

www.codemasters.com

please say what you think of this review ;)

its more of an infomercial than a review.

typo "games being mad by the fans"

how about actually reviewing an actual dizzy game and how it plays within an emulator on the gp32/2x?

i did find it interesting though.

Very interesting, thank you!

I owned Fantastic Dizzy for MegaDrive/Genesis and liked it very much, but it was to hard for me, I never beat the game. Maby I shall have a nother shot at it..

I tried Dizzy!

On fZX32 (Dizzy 1-6) and on DrMD (Fantastic Dizzy)!

And I think it's a bit too hard and static!

It did have its charm though!

Thanks for the review!

And the exclamation marks!

! :D

Dizzy! Still one of my all-time favorite games :)

First game I completed, and still the most satisfaction I've ever had from completing a game :)

Speccy version ruled, from the farty theme tune to the colour-clash. :D

Thanks for the info :)

I could never get into Dizzy myself, but I may give it another go. Any hints you can give me would be very welcomed :).

Ahh that brings back memories. Dizzy was one of the fondest gaming memories on the Speccy and Amiga. I miss that little egg... :D

Back