Dizzy petition

pubjoe

Website
Visit site
Theres a clip of a potential 3D Dizzy game from Blitz games here.

You can sign a 'bring back dizzy' petition and send them any feedback.

I sent them a couple of ideas myself:

New look Dizzy is a fantastic idea. If you do develop a game, please don't go the way of so may other 3D remakes and have loooong, boring platform sections (ie: Tombraider 2 onwards). Just quick (ish) puzzels all the way like the originals.

Dizzy has never been an epic game and I think it would spoil it if there was too much travelling (The only Dizzy game I didn't like was Spellbound - too boring). What about a shortish adventure with lives and no continues and releasing it as a budget title - £10 - £15 (ish) ?

Just signed the petition anyway.

Oh, and a couple of ideas for puzzels using the old pickup and drop/use bases:

Pick up SamsungV200 (as seen in the matrix) - I used to love the blatent advertising that Codemasters used to slip in:
Use at edge of cliff/Tall building to enter a green & black ASCII universe ("two black cats cross your path" could be a clue) and take a leap of faith. - After landing dizzy could close the phone or put on sunglasses and the camera does that funny swirl around/slow motion effect.

One point in the game Dizzy bumps into Dozey who is determined to help and follows Dizzy around, this has the effect of one of the old "bad pickups" and slows down dizzys progress until:
Pick up Plasma TV set:
Install in Dozeys house. (there is a phone in dozeys house that when picked up you hear a digi salesman giving a clue)
Pick up Digital receiver:
Install... doesn't work
Pick up new arial:
Insall... still doesn't work
Pick up arial calibarator:
Use on arial... still doesn't work
Pick up phone in Dozey's house... for the last time: (previous few calls are apoligies and methods of getting the bloody thing to work)
End up signing up to SSU (Sunny side up) Digital. Dozey finally stays home and leaves you alone.

I think these are in the kind of 'anything goes' style of the originals, but could make the most of the current consoles effects (especially the Matrix),

Good luck anyway,

Joe

..What do you guys think?

..I was about 6 or 7 I think, 18 years ago, bloody hell. I remember getting it from the corner shop for £1.99. Never heard about it before but it was quit a special moment.

...Those were the days :rolleyes:

Back