Distibutors

We're going back past there tomorrow, so I'll check then. It's along Brun(d?)tsfield Place. Just a small computer shop, nothing big. But they do seem to be on top of at least SOME gadgetry related stuff. I bet if everyone in Edinburgh who's interested goes in and asks for it, they'll definitely have them in store when they can. I'll get back to you on the name of the shop.

Heheh - that's fairly close to where I am, at least this year. Would be *very* cool if I could buy it from a local merchant :D. It's Bruntsfield, idd :).

Although I'll probably just pre-order with everyone else...

Tobriand said:
Heheh - that's fairly close to where I am, at least this year. Would be *very* cool if I could buy it from a local merchant :D. It's Bruntsfield, idd :).

Although I'll probably just pre-order with everyone else...
Ideal Computing in Bruntsfield, it is. They were open today, even, so we went ahead and got the Eee PC, actually. We needed a backup computer because my girlfriend's lappy keeps having heart attacks. So far so good, and my girlfriend is zipping along on the small keyboard already with no trouble at all. Whenever I'm in the shop, I make sure to mention the Pandora.

It's important for us Edinburghers to put pressure on one or two specific stores so as to gain maximum leverage. Also, by the way, you better send me a message when you actually get the Pandora, because I'll likely have to wait a little but I'll be wanting to check out the controls and keyboard and stuff. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why they dont allow pre-orders a few months before it's out so they can get a better estimate of the numbers and make a bigger run if they need it. I emailed the guys in the UK about pre-ordering and never got a reply :(
How do u tell the guys that ur looking to dev for it?

The dev units are more likely to go the hardware level coders like Squidge, Franxis, Rlyeh, etc who provide the API commonly used by developers. That way, we will have libraries ready to develop with from day one. The reminder of the dev units will probably go to the much more active developers like Alex, Parkydr, etc who have a track record. In short, 'don't call them, they will call you' approach.

They are most likely making only 3000 because that is what they can afford at the moment. Once they are sold then they can use the money to produce the larger run.

Also, the dev units aren't even out yet, so doing pre-orders at this stage is pre-mature.

(N.B. This is not fact, only a guess)

Back