Disappeared

K0K0NUT_h3lmut

The Soldier wearing a coconut...
Website
Visit site
What ever happened to that CGP "community game project"? I was browsing around this site, and I looked in the Team Building forums for the first time and I see this CGP game, and I see that no one replied to it...

Is that thing going, is it possible for it to be revived?

Dead.

Though I still have the story of the RPG (90% fixed) and the timetable lying around somewhere...

EvilDragon posted on Jul 21 2005 at 12:55 PM said:
Dead.

Though I still have the story of the RPG (90% fixed) and the timetable lying around somewhere...
So it's dead... but not "unresurrectable"? Was absolutely no code for it, or were you going to use the Gigas engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't a part of it but I'm pretty sure they were going to use gigas, which was never completed.

It was going to be coded in C, I don't think Gigas was even around back then. However some of our core members fell off the project. I'm not bitter.

Goity, would you actually do anything good with the script? Because it's pretty complex but quite clever IMO.

Community projects unfortunately rarely get started, let alone finished. It was a pity but the homebrew scene is a lot bigger than it used to be.

Rico posted on Jul 21 2005 at 10:58 PM said:
It was going to be coded in C, I don't think Gigas was even around back then. However some of our core members fell off the project. I'm not bitter.

Goity, would you actually do anything good with the script? Because it's pretty complex but quite clever IMO.

Community projects unfortunately rarely get started, let alone finished. It was a pity but the homebrew scene is a lot bigger than it used to be.
Well I'd try to do what I could with it. If I didn't do it justice I wouldn't release it.

Rico posted on Jul 21 2005 at 11:58 PM said:

My minigame project is still running ;) but since I got only one working minigame not made by me, I know what you mean...

Well, the timetable can be found here.

Doesn't make much sense now, but maybe interesting for some of you ;)

I'll look for the story tomorrow...

WOW
that is an amazing story line but a bit confusing.
I wish the game was still being built.

DanGP posted on Jul 22 2005 at 05:18 PM said:
WOW
that is an amazing story line but a bit confusing.

Well, as said, it was WIP.
There would have been some changes to make it less confusing for sure.

Last edited:
Maybe you could start it back up again using gigas. Have 7 people each make an island then put them altogether to form the game. Then anyone could have a go because there's no coding involved.

(edit) there'd need to be more than 7 people maybe 10 for the boss battles. Also is there a pc map editor for gigas?

As far as i know, Gigas is no more, Pirotic has all but given up on gigas, If i am right in saying.

I don`t think there is enough of gigas complete to be able to make a complete game, Though i could be wrong.

And

If i remember rightly, Pirotic was planning on making a game creator/editor for the PC once he had finished the GP side of things. But sadly, This does not look as though this will be happening.

EDIT: Corrected the spelling of his name, Sorry Pirotic. :rolleyes:

Trooper

The version out now is good enough to make a rpg just there's no sound. If we could get the source maybe someone would be willing to continue it.
There's some tilesets and sprites here and the tutorial's here

You can't create a complete game with Gigas yet.
Besides the missing sound (which is ABSOLUTELY essentially for a good RPG), you can only edit things right now, there is now standalone player for it.

Also, without a PC editor, it would'nt be possible to create such a large game.

I tried contacting Pirotic a few weeks ago - without getting a response so far.

yeah big rpg projects like this do need a PC editor and no rpg is complete without sound.
If we did get the source a mod player could be added to it to give us sound although I don't know weather this would be possible because I don't code.

Interesting.. seems a little FF mix up style though...
For instance.. In FFX you know what happens at end.
In FF5 there are the crystals you get the power from
In FF9 The world is unexplored
In FF8 There is the paradox to create something which created you.
The core god thing- Garland from FF9
The land being lifeless... FF6 world of ruin
Final guy too strong... FF9
Et cetera, Et cetera

Yeah Goity, and the hundreds of other RPGs out there too - don't be fooled, FF is not completely original either! Everything nowadays borrows ideas from somewhere else - theres not much that hasn't been done.

This doesn't mean anything though. It sounds like a GREAT story to me - good luck!

Back