Dingux-Hugo: Pc Engine Emulator For Dingux V1.1.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
dingux-hugo-v110.jpg

Hi All,

For those who haven't seen previous version, Hu-Go is a famous emulator
of NEC PC Engine console, running on many system such as Linux and Windows.
(see http://www.zeograd.com/ for details)

Dingux-Hugo is a port on Dingoo/Dingux of my latest PSP version of Hu-Go.

What's new then in this version ? Here is a copy of the change log :

- Fix screen issue (with game using non standard screen geometry such as R-Type)
- Small speed improvements
- Add auto-fire button selection
- Add ISO/HCD support (but audio tracks are not supported)

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence v2, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Many new features have been added compared to original Hu-Go version, have a look to the README for details.

You can find it here : on my blog

Enjoy,

Zx.

Excellent, the issue with screen sizes appears to be fixed.

Unfortunately - auto-fire doesn't work the way it should. Your PSP port works the same as well. If you enable auto-fire, the game behaves as if you're holding down the button. It doesn't wait for you to press and hold the button for it to start autofiring. Which doesn't help at all. It really needs to wait until you press and hold down the button selected.

Also - Cadash, Keith Courage, and Legendary Axe 2 still are unplayable because of a flashing screen and/or disappearing sprites.

Thanks for the update!

PolloLoco said:
Excellent, the issue with screen sizes appears to be fixed.

It is still buggy on games such as afterburner with "max fast" render mode. (will be fixed in next version)

PolloLoco said:
Unfortunately - auto-fire doesn't work the way it should. Your PSP port works the same as well. If you enable auto-fire, the game behaves as if you're holding down the button. It doesn't wait for you to press and hold the button for it to start autofiring. Which doesn't help at all.
It really needs to wait until you press and hold down the button selected.

We already discussed this point, that's the way you want to use it, that's not the way i use it for shoot them up games such as soldier blade (one of my favorite).

PolloLoco said:
Also - Cadash, Keith Courage, and Legendary Axe 2 still are unplayable because of a flashing screen and/or disappearing sprites.

Yes, i know. I will see if it's the same in original emu. thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - I hadn't heard your response to the autofire issue. I understand how you want to use it, but I think most requested that feature expecting it to work the way I described. The reason being that the turbographix 16 (I'm not sure if the PCE was the same) had two turbo fire switches above each button. Enabling either, would allow you to hold down the button and get rapid fire continuous response.

I understand wanting to enabling it the way you do, but I'd request enabling it the other way as an option if at all possible. If not, oh well - great job regardless.

PolloLoco said:
OK - I hadn't heard your response to the autofire issue. I understand how you want to use it, but I think most requested that feature expecting it to work the way I described. The reason being that the turbographix 16 (I'm not sure if the PCE was the same) had two turbo fire switches above each button. Enabling either, would allow you to hold down the button and get rapid fire continuous response.

Ok i see, i have never owned a PCE so i didn't know anything about this cool feature.

PolloLoco said:
I understand wanting to enabling it the way you do, but I'd request enabling it the other way as an option if at all possible. If not, oh well - great job regardless.

I will do it, it sounds good. btw, i've uploaded a new version on my web site with better speed and game compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Zx-81. I'm surprised you never owned a PCE or TG16. A large part of the reason I enjoy this emulator so much is nostalgia for my first "16 bit" system that I bought with my own money. :) I look forward to trying the new version.

Back