Digger

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
one game i would really like to see on the gp32 is digger
it's one of the first computergames i ever had, and even now whenever i hear the song popcorn i get all nostalgic
on www.digger.org you can find all information on the game, sourcecodes in different programming languages,.... so a port should be rather easy

i hope someone takes on this project, and if someone does, try to make it authentic, original graphics and sound would be superb :) (and even less work :D )

wow, such enthousiasm...
i thought everyone would be pleased now someone asked for a port of a great game, with links to sourcecode

This is very odd.

I wondered what on gods earth Digger actually was, but I saw the screenshots and something in my head triggered off that "OMG I KNOW THIS GAME!" feeling.

EvilDragon posted on May 1 2004 at 09:16 PM said:
I guess recreating Digger with ZOT! should be easy :)
i was thinking the same, but digger has some specific things that would make an authentic feeling impossible with ZOT
such as being able to only eat away parts of blocks, and the tunnel system...
i have already looked at ZOT for the purpose of remaking digger, but don't see it happen unless some changes specifically for such games are made...

Last edited by a moderator:
papapopalung posted on May 10 2004 at 03:15 AM said:
is this not just a version of 'mr. do' and is emulated already? i'm sure i had the GBC version...
i've quickly done a search on google, and it's stated that they're similar, but not the same....

It reminds me a lot of Dig Dug. Would be fun to kill the minutes away with. Pity Java isn't open-source, or we could get cracking on porting a VM over and then get the Digger Java applet to work.

ravuya posted on May 11 2004 at 01:23 AM said:
It reminds me a lot of Dig Dug. Would be fun to kill the minutes away with. Pity Java isn't open-source, or we could get cracking on porting a VM over and then get the Digger Java applet to work.
indeed, with my search i saw digger often described as a combination of the best from digdug and mr. do
but a genuine port couldn't be that difficult i think, full sourcecode is available, it got very basic graphics and sound....

I downloaded this ages ago to test SDL, let me see if I could finish it off one of these days.

Edit: On another note, did anybody ever port Sopwith to the GP32? I have a half working GP32 port of the SDL version somewhere.

O my god ive been thinkin for months about the title of that game, and couldnt come up with it.. and now i have a port of it !!! :D

kknd_cf posted on May 25 2004 at 04:39 PM said:
Racemaniac posted on May 10 2004 at 12:59 AM said:
hmm, noone who wants to port such a great game... :s
you're an impatient bugger....
not really, just drawing attention, and making sure the topic stays on page 1 :)
otherwise i would post every day and whine and make several topics :)

Racemaniac posted on May 25 2004 at 05:32 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on May 25 2004 at 04:39 PM said:
Racemaniac posted on May 10 2004 at 12:59 AM said:
hmm, noone who wants to port such a great game... :s
you're an impatient bugger....
not really, just drawing attention, and making sure the topic stays on page 1 :)
otherwise i would post every day and whine and make several topics :)
which i might have had to do lol :D
no digger i guess, would make a great game for the GP32 though...
ahhh, coders still choose their projects themselves, got to face reality i guess :)
would have been nice to have digger :)

Back