Did You Get Your Retail Wiz? Post About It Here!

I got mine six days ago.

It's quite a pain to set up, and learn, but I learned it, and love it!

I always dreamed of taking my nes, snes, and sega games with me everywhere.

Well now I can.

This thing is a jewel!

I just hope that they keep making upgrades with console Wiz's,

cuz fully running playstation games on the go with the Wiz would be awesome.

I also hope that the programmers of pocketSNES will be able to get Pilotwings and Starfox running smoothly....

Those games are the great ones!

SONY said:
JayWhite said:
cuz fully running playstation games on the go with the Pandora would be awesome!

I totally agree with you there, mate. :wiz: :pandora2ut4: B)

LOL the pandora? Is that a hint? I'll have to look into it, because I still haven't checked it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received my Wiz, and gave it a quick spin, and i gotta say, WOW THAT SCREEN ROCKS! Build quality feels very solid, general feel of the thing is more then decent, and i generally love it already!

One small thing i noticed though is that by default the screen saver was set to "OFF", giving that these screens are susceptible to burn-in, that seems utterly stupid, but it's a quick config change away of being solved :)

I got mine last week and I'm loving it! I knew I was going to get it, so I already had my 32g sd card loaded with the software and roms and stuff so I could use it right away. The thing is a lot lighter than I was expecting. The screen is great, and I don't think it's too small at all. I'm happy with the controls too. After reading all of the complaints on here I was really worried, but it is working great for me. I've been mostly playing GBA and Genesis games so far, but I've also been messing around with the others. SNES worked great using default settings. PSX was very disappointing, so I deleted all of the roms from the sd card which gives me room for music and movies now. Overall it's just amazing knowing that I have around 30,000 games in my pocket!

Best little toy I've had in a long time. Bought one off of thinkgeek before Xmas and a second from the GP2x store(cheaper) for my son after.

Got all the EMU's/development stuff working with reading the forums here. Just finally joined today. I have written and run a few simple linux test things on it so far.
I'm impressed and that's not easy at my age and experience.

ok ,
SD CRAD 8 gb - check
Emulators and apps on HDD -check

..just wait for postman tomorrow morning with wiz , for sake , I am acting like a little kid and I am 32 :D

I AM HAPPY WIZ OWNER! PLAYING FF 3 on SNES! What about that "screen protector" that came on wiz , it is not "real screen protecor" isnt it?

Congratulations on an excellet purchase. :wiz:

And, no, it's not a proper, let alone very good screen protector, so get a screen protector from PlayAsia now!!! B)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-2z5c.html

pa.138864.1.jpg

I got my Wiz for Christmas, just started playing with it. Got the SNES emulator running, but couldn't find the one file to make it work well. Its an amazing device, sad I didn't hear about the pandora sooner. Just might get one anyway.

tomaterr said:
I got my Wiz for Christmas, just started playing with it. Got the SNES emulator running, but couldn't find the one file to make it work well. Its an amazing device, sad I didn't hear about the pandora sooner. Just might get one anyway.

Not sure which file you're mentioning.

There is a regular version(pocketsnes.gpe) of the emulator, then there's a faster version(pocketsnes_fast.gpe).

Both versions should be in the content package of the download.

Just received the Wiz I ordered from the GP2X store last week. It's been a long wait, but I've spent the time (I think) wisely, lurking here and getting everything ready for it. I don't have a card reader on my dinosaur PC, so I dumped all the emulators and stuff into a folder and am using the USB reader that came with the Wiz to transfer everything over.
I'll try to not blow the board up with stupid questions. It seems like most of them have already been asked by someone else, so as daunting as setting this thing up my seem to a luddite such as myself; a little research goes a long way.

JayWhite said:
tomaterr said:

Not sure which file you're mentioning.

There is a regular version(pocketsnes.gpe) of the emulator, then there's a faster version(pocketsnes_fast.gpe).

Both versions should be in the content package of the download.
AH. In the install guide, a file to optimize the emulator is named. I guess it was simply integrated into the pocketsnes_fast.gpe file

I should be getting a commission for this thing! Since I got mine, three of the people I showed it to have said that they're going to order one.

Got mine today. Everything works perfect, I'm really happy. Just can't figure out one thing - is it possible to play width it while charging from USB? It prompts to mount ether SD or NAND, and when I skip this dialog using "x" it shows only "USB disconnected".

We got our Wiz today and my boyfriend has already loaded it up with many things. He still says he wants a Pandora too. My twelve year old daughter won't put it down once it was fully charged. I imagine it will go into low battery mode before she gives it up. She has a PSP and a Nintendo DS but this is new and has so many more games especially with the Mame4all. It was his gift to her.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of stupid questions in the future. He is too proud to ask help from anyone and too impatient to teach me anything. I already made him upset by reading here and downloading some old PSX games and the emulator/bios/etc for it.

Misty

Back