Did I Buy The Wrong Game?

aardbark

Still Fresh
I just bought a Caanoo online with the game Redemption Liar.

It came in the mail today, and I tried to play the game. It just stays on the loading screen forever.

Looking at the box for the game closely, it says gp2x wiz on the side.

Did I buy the wrong version of the game? Is there a wiz and caanoo version? I got the only version that I could find for sale. It didnt say what system it was for, but it was listed under Caanoo games.

Did I just waste $20 for a game I cant play?

You bought this?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3trk.html

Yeah, you should've read more carefully.
They have it listed in the Caanoo/Wiz/GP2X section, but the individual game says "Compatible with GP2X™ Wiz"

Thats exactly what I got.

Is there any way to use this game, or should I just throw it in the garbage?

You could wait until GINGE for Caanoo is released, or you could try to sell it to a Wiz owner .. like me! :)

If selling it is my only option, Id sell it for $10 (plus shipping) Its worthless for me.

It's a bit the same problem that they have on FunGP... games are listed with an "_C" and "_W" and you better choose carefully which one you buy. They can't seriously expect to male an iTunes for portable game consoles like that... they have to make it more "idiot-proof". Not that it's difficult to make the distinction, but they could just offer 1 game name and then ask you to choose the version via a drop-down at the purchase, or not show you any Wiz games if you only registered a Caanoo.

Yea I agree. I feel stupid for making the simple mistake, but I had no idea it wouldnt work.

Also, thanks for pointing out the C and W things on FunGp... I thought that meant korean or english...

It's not a simple mistake; thanks for pointing it out or I would have missed as well.
Actualy, I almost bought that cartridge when I ordered my Caannoo, but then thought I could just use FunGP later on... :)

Back