Did I Buy The Wrong Game?

aardbark

Still Fresh
I just bought a Caanoo online with the game Redemption Liar.

It came in the mail today, and I tried to play the game. It just stays on the loading screen forever.

Looking at the box for the game closely, it says gp2x wiz on the side.

Did I buy the wrong version of the game? Is there a wiz and caanoo version? I got the only version that I could find for sale. It didnt say what system it was for, but it was listed under Caanoo games.

Did I just waste $20 for a game I cant play?

RupeeClock

You bought this?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-3trk.html

Yeah, you should've read more carefully.
They have it listed in the Caanoo/Wiz/GP2X section, but the individual game says "Compatible with GP2X™ Wiz"

aardbark

Still Fresh
Thats exactly what I got.

Is there any way to use this game, or should I just throw it in the garbage?

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
You could wait until GINGE for Caanoo is released, or you could try to sell it to a Wiz owner .. like me! :)

aardbark

Still Fresh
If selling it is my only option, Id sell it for $10 (plus shipping) Its worthless for me.

Newsdee

Still Fresh
It's a bit the same problem that they have on FunGP... games are listed with an "_C" and "_W" and you better choose carefully which one you buy. They can't seriously expect to male an iTunes for portable game consoles like that... they have to make it more "idiot-proof". Not that it's difficult to make the distinction, but they could just offer 1 game name and then ask you to choose the version via a drop-down at the purchase, or not show you any Wiz games if you only registered a Caanoo.

aardbark

Still Fresh
Yea I agree. I feel stupid for making the simple mistake, but I had no idea it wouldnt work.

Also, thanks for pointing out the C and W things on FunGp... I thought that meant korean or english...

Newsdee

Still Fresh
It's not a simple mistake; thanks for pointing it out or I would have missed as well.
Actualy, I almost bought that cartridge when I ordered my Caannoo, but then thought I could just use FunGP later on... :)