Development Tools

Allanon

Still Fresh
Hello guys,
I'm quiet new on the Wiz scene since I got a Wiz right now, I'm so happy to have it that I'd like to start developing some apps for this wonderful machine.
I have a good knowledge of basic-like languages like Blitz, Hollywood and Lua; actually I'm working on some utilities for the Amiga-land (OS3, OS4, AROS and MorphOS) so I'm not totally new in programming.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about C and I don't have enough time to start learning it, I was wondering if there is out there some free basic-like language suited for Wiz development.
I've seen GLBasic that seems a good tool but actually I'm a bit out of cash so... there is anything free available?

Thank in advance and sorry for my bad english!

;)

Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 04:21 PM said:
I don't think Lua is BASIC-like, but you might want to check out Fenix.
Yes, Lua is scripting language, just forgot to mention :)
I'll check it out, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fenix is indeed excellent. Bennu is supposedly very similar to Fenix from what I understand, so that might be worth looking at too.

GLBasic is also a good BASIC variant, only with lots of added extras and optional 3D (although I'm not sure how good this will be on the Wiz) although it's not free.

All of the above are well supported with friendly forums.

Bennu is the direct successor to Fenix, similar in many ways, with less flaws and more speed.
Hope there will be Bennu for the Wiz some time :-D

Back