Sales Dev Fund + Postage?

peca

Website
Visit site
There is something wrong in shop. I would like to buy devfund, but eshop force me postage. I think that this is little error. (Craig) Please fix this, as soon as you haven't more important important work.

icurafu said:
If a postage was added to dev fund, I would be happy enough to know that it went into the dev fund.

i found this an issue also, because i mentioned in the forums (before they went down) that once i received my preorder confirmation email, i would donate to the dev fund.

well my email came in, then i went to donate to the fund, i placed (2) $20 dev funds in my cart, it asked me my shipping preference, so i chose the cheapest thinking it wouldn't really add a shipping cost since there is no shipping of items related to the dev funds, when i went to finalize my order, the total came up to $66 (or $69 can't remember exactly), so shipping was added!

i really didn't deem it fair to charge shipping on a non shipping item (unless the devs got the extra funds from the shipping costs, which i wouldn't mind at all, but i couldn't be sure). so instead of waiting and emailing to figure out an answer, i just went ahead and ordered the (2) $20 dev funds and (1) 32gb SDHC card, that way at least i'm having something shipped to me to at least feel like i was getting something for my shipping costs.

but craigx, you should let people know of the shipping issues or allow users to not have to pay for shipping if they only want to donate to the dev funds, just a thought. cause down the road, i would like to make additional dev fund donations without having to order physical items and without being charged a shipping fee if the only thing in my cart are dev fund donations.

well, in my case you did get a sale of a 32gb card because of the situation, so maybe you don't need to fix it? ;)

The German gp2x.de shop seems to have the same problem. Probably I'll wait until I order the video out cable then. Or is the Dev Fund only available for a limited time period (seeing that it at some point has to be shed out to those developers)?

I *believe* that shipping charges for the dev fund are dropped when your credit card account actually is charged. By the time the purchase actually posted to my account, it was a few $USD less than the original amount. Since the original order was calculated in $USD, it's probably not a currency exchange issue; I suspect that gbax dropped shipping for the dev fund.

Whooops, shipped that for the German shop (shop.gp2x.de).
It didn't matter when you ordered anything that needs shipping besides the dev fund, but you can now get the solely dev fund without shipping :)

Still not changed at http://openpandora.org/retro.html.

I mentioned this on 30th on GP32X but no response. I think this could seriously reduce donations.

Obviously people anywhere can use EDs site just for donations until Craig's is changed. :)
devfund.jpg

Although ED, your shop shows Developer Fund as out of stock. Please could you change this?

Back