Defender Of The Crown - Amiga

wongojack

Still Fresh
Website
facebook.com
Having been a C64 kid, I never owned an Amiga. One of my best friends did have one however and it was always something that I wished I'd experienced first hand.

I remember playing DotC with my friend and my eyes popping out of my head. Recently, I got a UAE4All going and ran the DotC rom only to find that there were features in the game that were disabled for the Amiga version.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows if there is an Amiga version of the game with the C64 gameplay "enhancements" enabled? I'd love to be able to actually know what I'm doing at the swordfighting and jousting.

In some ways (15 some years later) I'm vindicated for owning the superior copy of the game the whole time.

Defender of the Crown first came out on the Amiga. Although the game was a huge success it got panned a bit as it was easy to complete, and once completed the game left you with nothing new. This issue was addressed when it was ported to many other platforms.

So in answer to your question, DotC on the Amiga was unfortunately the more basic version.

Clare.

Back