Defective Joystick

aggaz

Still Fresh
Hi all, I need a little help here.
As the title said my caanoo seems to have a defective joystick.
The problem started 2 days ago. When I play something, sometimes the joystick sends a "go down" command even if i do not touch it.
It happens not always, but with all the games. I have not experienced the problem with the menu jet.

Some friend from an italian forum say that probably it could be a firmware problem and not an hardware one.

My caanoo arrived more or less one month ago with firmware 1.5.0 installed.
Less than one week ago I upgraded it to 1.6.1.
I noticed the problem 3 or 4 days after the upgrade.

Do you think that the upgrade can be the source of this problem?
Do you think that it could be useful/safe to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.1 and then to upgrade to 1.6.1 with the hope that it will fix the problem?

I bought my caanoo from exportprive.com and it has a 1 year warranty. In the case I have an hardware problem can I have european assistance somewere or I have to send it to asia?

Thanks to anyone could help.

thats pretty much a hardware fault. you need to contact the after sales center. *looking for correct address*

*edit*
address can be found here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50379-replacement-usb-wiz-cable-needed/page__view__findpost__p__771939

Last edited by a moderator:
crow_riot, thank you very much for your reply, I just sent an email to that address.
I will write an update about this sad story.

All ok, they were very kind, I will send my Caanoo to them in Germany and they will send another one to me.
It seems that I am not the only one with this problem and that to change the Caanoo is faster than to repair it.
I am very happy of the service.
Thank you for the help.

Aggaz join the club - theres a few of us with the Joystick problem - all though just lately aint been to bad mine goes left on its own

off topic: will Open Pandora do this service with a pandora console broke? :ph34r:

kayuz said:
off topic: will Open Pandora do this service with a pandora console broke? :ph34r:
ALL broken Pandora end up in Evil Dragon´s shop. So it might be a good idea to send him an email.

i've had my caanoo for exactly a year now and absolutely love it more than any console i've ever had. i literally play it everyday. unfortunately the analog stick had died on me, it no longer centers on it's own and just tilts toward the direction of least resistance and does not register the down directional input anymore. is there a place i can get it fixed without a warrantee?

blues2 said:
i've had my caanoo for exactly a year now and absolutely love it more than any console i've ever had. i literally play it everyday. unfortunately the analog stick had died on me, it no longer centers on it's own and just tilts toward the direction of least resistance and does not register the down directional input anymore. is there a place i can get it fixed without a warrantee?

GPH fixes them. you can contact them - just follow the link i posted above.

but be aware, they're sitting in germany, so it might be cheaper to buy a new caanoo with all shipping costs and repair costs. but anyway, contact them. they're really helpful.

It is possible to buy just the analog stick?
I suppose it would be possible to solder it on the board...

I have a Caanoo on order. Should be here in a few days. So is this joystick issue common? Is it an issue that was resolved? I wore out my Wiz because I play it a whole lot (hours a day!) and I don't want the same thing to happen with the Caanoo!

I do not know how much this problem is common, I suppose it is due to a stock of faulty sicks, so it is likely that this won't happen to any caanoo.
Actually, as far as I know, the real origin of this issue is unknown, so everything is possible!

Hey Darklight, you'll be a great test guiney pig to see how much wear and tear a Caanoo can actually take, I'm curious myself as I dont use mine much, Except for the joystick part the Caanoo seems to be built quite well.

darklight1138 said:
I have a Caanoo on order. Should be here in a few days. So is this joystick issue common? Is it an issue that was resolved? I wore out my Wiz because I play it a whole lot (hours a day!) and I don't want the same thing to happen with the Caanoo!

I know, LTStone :D

We'll see if it survives my rigorous usage! From what I've read and seen though it seems to be better built than the Wiz, especially in regards to the buttons and joystick.

Back