Serial Cable Help Needed!

Kyalami

Still Fresh
Okay, I need REAL HELP here, guys! I bought a word porcessor off Ebay a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm trying to send the files from it to my desktop XP computer through RS-232C (serial). However, my computer doesn't get the files, and I don't think it's even recognizing the cable itself at all! The word porcessor has its own Send Files application, and it says "SEND FILE through RS-232C", so I know I'm not using the wrong cable. How do I get my computer to recognize the cable, and get the files?! HELP!

If more details are needed to alleviate this matter, please notify me! HELP!

jmetal88 posted on Sep 3 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
You probably need a special 'recieve' program on the PC end of things.

You're right. I needed a special software that I need to install on my computer so it recognizes the Dreamwriter's (this is the name of the word processor) signal and files. I saw it on a site called School Battery, where they sell the software for only $7.50. The site is apparently one of the only two that I've seen that support the Dreamwriter to this day. I'll see if I can get the software next weekend, or as soon as possible. I hope I can do it (shoot, I spent nearly twenty bucks on the old thing and I hope it works!)!
Thanks, anyway, jmetal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyalami posted on Sep 4 2006 at 04:32 AM said:
jmetal88 posted on Sep 3 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
You probably need a special 'recieve' program on the PC end of things.

You're right. I needed a special software that I need to install on my computer so it recognizes the Dreamwriter's (this is the name of the word processor) signal and files. I saw it on a site called School Battery, where they sell the software for only $7.50. The site is apparently one of the only two that I've seen that support the Dreamwriter to this day. I'll see if I can get the software next weekend, or as soon as possible. I hope I can do it (shoot, I spent nearly twenty bucks on the old thing and I hope it works!)!
Thanks, anyway, jmetal!
You could try using a terminal emulator, some of them have a recieve file option. Hyperterminal supplied with windows can do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back