Caanoo / WIZ Death Rally For Caanoo/wiz

Gab1975

Hello everybody! ;)
I think that an interpreter-engine for the Apogee/Remedy Death Rally it should be very appreciate from the users...
the original PC Windows version (1996) is free downloadable from the official web site:
http://www.remedygames.com/games/deathrally

Gab1975 said:
Hello everybody! ;)
I think that an interpreter-engine for the Apogee/Remedy Death Rally it should be very appreciate from the users...
the original PC Windows version (1996) is free downloadable from the official web site:
http://www.remedygam...ames/deathrally

Looks like your best bet is to try and get the source to a developer for a port. It might be hard though since they did give out to be ported for some reason they never released the source to public. Maybe they would do the same thing for another port to other systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, unfortunatelly the Remedy developers never released a free downloadable source code! :(

Gab1975 said:
Yes, unfortunatelly the Remedy developers never released a free downloadable source code! :(

Yes but they gave it to someone that asked to do a windows port, they may do the same for another port as long as the source is not released.

I'm not a software developper then I could be wrong, but without source code the only way would create an optimized MS-DOS X86 "virtual machine" for the original game...

Gab1975 said:
I'm not a software developper then I could be wrong, but without source code the only way would create an optimized MS-DOS X86 "virtual machine" for the original game...

its not going to happen, your stuck with running it in dosbox or some other emulator.

There was a DOS version released in 1996. A DOS game released as late as that certainly uses a DOS extender which means it is possible to use M-HT's static recompiler to produce an ARM binary of it. That's easier said than done, though, because this game probably uses some instructions that haven't been implemented yet. Also, it looks like the main game uses 320x200x256 video mode (a good thing) but for the menus it uses maybe 640x480x256 and that might be a problem. You'd have to add support for that video mode and also support for scaling it down to 320x240 in a way so it is still usable.

Back