Dealing with Trolls the Cognitive way!

second exodous

Advanced Member
I saw this on /. and I laughed because I've read that book and have actually used this method online. I've overcome a lot of my depression thanks to this book so I haven't read it in a while and for some reason I don't talk on the net like I do face to face with people so I have not used this method online for quite a while.

Anyway, this does work on the net, I've calmed a few people down with it while I was going through the book on a regular basis. In fact if you are reading this book it is easier to practice this method online than it is face to face with someone. I couldn't bring myself to do this with people I knew that really bugged me until I did it to a few internet trolls online.

The best thing about his method is you are giving the trolls exactly what they want, someone to rationally listen to them, rather than attracting some person to come and bash them and make a big thread on flaming. In the end that is what everyone wants, someone to listen to them and try to understand what their needs are.

So yeah, read the article and deal with the trolls this way for a change. In fact if one of the mods did this then a lot less people would get banned and a lot less threads locked. It is actually really fun to use, you kinda feel like you are manipulating people while using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see the part where we execute them in full view of the public as an example to others. ;)

I saw this on /. and I laughed because I've read that book and have actually used this method online. I've overcome a lot of my depression thanks to this book so I haven't read it in a while and for some reason I don't talk on the net like I do face to face with people so I have not used this method online for quite a while.

Anyway, this does work on the net, I've calmed a few people down with it while I was going through the book on a regular basis. In fact if you are reading this book it is easier to practice this method online than it is face to face with someone. I couldn't bring myself to do this with people I knew that really bugged me until I did it to a few internet trolls online.

The best thing about his method is you are giving the trolls exactly what they want, someone to rationally listen to them, rather than attracting some person to come and bash them and make a big thread on flaming. In the end that is what everyone wants, someone to listen to them and try to understand what their needs are.

So yeah, read the article and deal with the trolls this way for a change. In fact if one of the mods did this then a lot less people would get banned and a lot less threads locked. It is actually really fun to use, you kinda feel like you are manipulating people while using it.

I would just like to say that is sooo stupid. You probably posted that with an iPhone. It's exactly what an apple fanboi would say. LOZER! SHEEP! HIPSTER! Android SUX, WP7 SUX! Long Live MeeGo! It is superior in every way. Can't really tell you why because I didn't research it, but since there was something on engadget about it might be good and other nerds were pissed I LOVE IT TOO! Your argument fails because it wasn't said by me. And now a non related old school internet meme to make up for my lack of any meaningful argument, prove I was on the interwebz longer than you, win people over to my side despite any facts or logic, prove I am more relevant in our modern pop culture than you and insult you into being convinced I am right. This is probably you in the 6th grade.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ge7mozA-ptI?feature=oembed

Ignore my run on sentences and extra z's.

That's pretty much what I did once. Awesome article :D

I would just like to say that is sooo stupid. You probably posted that with an iPhone. It's exactly what an apple fanboi would say. LOZER! SHEEP! HIPSTER! Android SUX, WP7 SUX! Long Live MeeGo! It is superior in every way. Can't really tell you why because I didn't research it, but since there was something on engadget about it might be good and other nerds were pissed I LOVE IT TOO! Your argument fails because it wasn't said by me. And now a non related old school internet meme to make up for my lack of any meaningful argument, prove I was on the interwebz longer than you, win people over to my side despite any facts or logic, prove I am more relevant in our modern pop culture than you and insult you into being convinced I am right. This is probably you in the 6th grade.

video

Ignore my run on sentences and extra z's.
Lol, so what you're getting at is you want someone to use the cognitive method on you to see how it is handled right?

Yeah, when Atheists and religious people start fighting it gets pretty depressing, I stay away from those youtube videos. I'm guessing these videos were pretty popular but I never watch those dramas unfold.

Back