Dead Pandora Screen?

Rex Roof

Still Fresh
I received my pandora this summer and I've been overwhelmed with too many gadgets to do much with it.

I pulled it out of its box a couple weeks ago and charged it up again, I powered it up and it appears to be working except the screen is dead! The LEDs blink in a way that make me think it is powering on, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any tips for things to make the screen work again? I've tried fidgeting with the hinge but I have no idea what else to try.

Does the screen work whilst the Pandora is booting?

If it does, then my guess is that you have somehow set the screen brightness to zero. Press FN & the increase brightness key after the machine has booted.

Take the battery out for a minute or two then reinsert the battery to force a reboot.

Edit : Reading your post properly I can see that it does not appear to work during boot. Not sure what to suggest other than a RMA if that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope. it stays completely black.

I've tried adjusting the brightness using the keyboard. the blinking leds is the only thing that make me think it is booting up.

I contacted pandora via the gmail account and they suggested I post here first.

as suggested, try pulling the battery out for 5min or so, please do this carefully so you dont break the tabs on battery holder. remove battery and battery holder at the same time, meaning as soon as you unhatch the tabs on holder, just flip the pandora around and let the batter and holder fall out. reinsert, and see what happens.

do you get any kind of signal in different hinge positions while pandora is "turned on"?

if neither of these show anything, turn pandora off, leave battery in, plug in charger, and just leave the charger plugged in for an hour maybe. if you pandora has been in storage for a while, and the battery was empty when you left it, could be battery drained, and the battery needs a certain amount of change to power up the pandora properly, after an hour, try turning it on again.

one more thing you could try is, take battery out, and just plug your charger in w/o battery inside, see what happens here.

and then report back to us

I had this exact problem, luck would have it, I had this problem just as I was about to get on a plane to Melbourne!

I just had to wait, one day the Pandora wouldn't work, the next day it did. I would recommend having your battery out for a while, that's what i did, and the next day it was working again.

'tis a strange occurance indeed.

After trying this a couple times last week, I went ahead and let the pandora charge all weekend.

I removed the charger and the battery this morning, waited 10 minutes and then placed the battery back in the pandora.

I turned it on, I have a solid red LED in the left shoulder and a solid green one on the right shoulder.

Still, I have not seen the screen show anything.

I've tried Fn-i and tried tapping FN and the i key back and forth.

damn it... nothing.

Is RMA my next option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back