Dead Gp2X F200B Help

R

RedBaron

while I was playing the GP2X it froze so I turned it off and then on but it has stopped working I thought it was bricked but it would not respond to unbricking
Has this happened to others before I try and fix it

iprice said:
Have you tried using it with fresh high power batteries or a power supply?
It has new batteries I tried that I think the CPU is dead when it stopped picture froze

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBaron said:
iprice said:
It has new batteries I tried that I think the CPU is dead when it stopped picture froze

What type of batteries are you using?

Have you checked the battery tabs are making good contact and don't need to be pried out a little bit to make better contact? The GP2X's battery slots aren't compatible with some batteries (the positive nub isn't allowed to make full contact) so beware that.

Senor Quack said:
RedBaron said:
iprice said:

What type of batteries are you using?

Have you checked the battery tabs are making good contact and don't need to be pried out a little bit to make better contact? The GP2X's battery slots aren't compatible with some batteries (the positive nub isn't allowed to make full contact) so beware that.
I am using 1.5V lithium power ok that's not the problem I have checker that

found out what was wrong, a very strange fault with new battery, it checks out ok but when you try to use it it collapses, voltage goes to zero
All Ok

Most issues like this is mostly down to the batteries. Just make sure you have a few charged spares ready to test it out.
cool.gif

Back