Deactivate / Change user password

AngryApple

Still Fresh
Use "sudo passwd -d username" in terminal to remove your password. That worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest assured theres definitely the option to disable the login password. My Panda is busy at present so cant check where but its in the menu under either system or more likely settings/startup or user/blahblah. have a root about and you will find a tick box or similar to disable it.

Probably wise to re-enable it when out and about though, as that once helped save PokeParadox's system from a light fingered work colleague who couldn't get into the system, tried swapping the cards about and after the battery died had clearly given up. Some public shaming caused him to anonymously return it. Whilst a good natured fish and chip shop owner also returned someone elses, who had left it behind whilst worst for wear and in need of kebab (How we ever are?) :)

I tried System-->Usermanager and Settings-->Startup, I'm not able to change my password there.

Is there a way to change it via Terminal? =O

Thanks for the answer though so far, marioPandio. =)

Edit: the terminal commands:

# passwd --delete username

OR

# passwd -d username

should work (source: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-delete-user-password/)

But I get "Permission denied." if I enter those commands.

Any help would be nice.

Edit 2: GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!

sudo passwd -d username

is the command to delete your password :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recommend having no password, as it will allow anyone into your system. If you have a lot of things left open for "sudo" (or have it installed at all, really), then you could risk losing everything.

Of course, the Pandora is resistant to bricking and installing the OS is likely trivial. Still, better safe than sorry.

Back