homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hoo Hoo Hoo,

This is a very crude Installer for DBP.
1640456449-dbpInstaller.png
1640456988-dbpInstaller2.png

[ repo - sources ]

As the license suggest do what ever you please with this. I hope someone will come up with a proper repo frontend, but this should do until then.

Merry Xmas everyone :)

Last edited:
Just added a command line interface :
Code:
usage: dbpInstaller.sh [-h] [-i pck [pck ...]] [-d dest] [-u] [-U] [-l] [-I]

install DBP packages.

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -i pck [pck ...], --install pck [pck ...]
                        Install the packages from a list of package id
  -d dest, --dest dest  SD-Card to use
  -u, --update          Update the cache
  -U, --upgrade         Upgrade installed packages
  -l, --list            List known packages
  -I, --installed       List installed packages

Last edited:
And Synaptic is now running away crying ^^
Thanks for the software, I wonder: there are some DPB out there that ditnt work because they were made for a early prototypes Debian, will they also get showed?

there are some DPB out there that ditnt work because they were made for a early prototypes Debian, will they also get showed?
I dont get your question.
If the dbp is available on the repo, it will show up in the available tab. If it is installed and accepted by dbpd, it will show up in the installed tab. This doesn't start any dbp ; when they have been made is irrevelent.

Beside, version 1.0.0 is out which strike the last TODO on my list : checking md5sum.

While this is clearly not a real repo frontend (list of apps, screenshots, comments, likes, login, etc... are not supported here), anyone, willing to build such frontend, could use this as package installer backend.
Fork, use, improve. my work here is done.

My question was also not that good, if there are non working dbp , the dbp installer can’t know that it’s not working, so it’s more the task of the dbp maker to update them , but if these are still on the Repo i doubt the will get updated.. You can say everything after Wally’s drastic Port should work

My question was also not that good, if there are non working dbp , the dbp installer can’t know that it’s not working, so it’s more the task of the dbp maker to update them , but if these are still on the Repo i doubt the will get updated.. You can say everything after Wally’s drastic Port should work
Yes, there's a disconnect what you think constitutes the word 'available' and what sebt thinks it means. For him it's about whether a dbp it well formed such that it can be investigated and installed. For you it also includes whether it works or not after you install it as well. I'm not sure there's one better than the other or not there. I don't know why they wouldn't get updated if the member is stiill active about these parts and is notified that their dbp isn't working.

Reactions: rSl
It could be the member still waits for his Pyra to test the new version on the actual hardware, but then again it’s strange that the non working version is still online..

Hi all :)

@sebt3 : is updating DBPs currently supported ? I have 3 of them in updatable state (yellow) in dbpInstaller, but clicking on File > Upgrade installed package or manually selecting each package then clicking on the Download button doesn't appear to be working...

Am I doing something wrong ? I'll try to have a look at the logs, see if I find something interesting.

EDIT:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/dbp/union/dbpInstaller_sebt3/dbpinstaller/ui/installerui.py", line 
207, in on_update
    self.installer.get_packages_list(),
AttributeError: 'DbpInstaller' object has no attribute 'get_packages_list'

Cheers, Magic Sam

Looks like an untested typo in the python code to me.
It's indeed a typo introduced during code refactoring (my fault, btw. Sorry.).
Part of the code refactoring process was a separation of UI and business logic as well as providing a centralized interface.
In this specific case, the UI class was no longer supposed to access the repository cache directly and was rewritten to use a new method of the central installer class. Unfortunately, it seems like I only changed the reference from the cache to the installer, but forgot to change the method name too.
I admit, most of the changes to the update logic couldn't be extensively tested by me due the daemon (required for updating) not running on my pc, but upgrading via CLI and other functionality should still work.
The bug is already fixed, but the fix is not yet in the DBP repo.

(my fault, btw. Sorry.).
my bad : I should have tested more in deep. Like I did for this batch of changes you sent :)
In between all the code quality improvements from you, you've also added a way to report for progression. So I added the UI for theses pieces.

Version 1.2.0 is out.
- Fixing issues reported here (update works again)
- Allow to update a single dbp using the download button (again)
- Provide feedback on progress
- Many information dialog added in case of surprises (aka some warning and errors)

Feedback on progress was maybe the only thing i was missing, some times i pushed the Download Button and waitet and waitet and ditnt know what happens ^^

Back