Day Of Tentacle <help!! Please>

Zorn

Website
Visit site
Please help me to get on with day of tentacle.
I'm still in the mansion(or is it a motel?)
with this old man with a bald head.

I have to search the plan for the super-battery... can't find it....

i've found some things like a hamster, a video tape, stamp, set of teeth...
and i've talked to everyone!! but i don't know where fred is.(or is it ed)

PLease help me! i realy want to go on playing this great game!!! :(

Please help me to get on with day of tentacle.
I'm still in the mansion(or is it a motel?)
with this old man with a bald head.

I have to search the plan for the super-battery... can't find it....

i've found some things like a hamster, a video tape, stamp, set of teeth...
and i've talked to everyone!! but i don't know where fred is.(or is it ed)

PLease help me! i realy want to go on playing this great game!!! :(
Nobody should answer this, you will be so disappointed if you don't find them yourself. This is the coolest item to find, just keep looking :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The fun of adventure is figureing it out yourself <_<

And the joy of adventuring on the GP32 is the built in .txt viewer... :D Get yerself a FAQ dude you're going to need it!

Let me tell you, these Lucasarts games are HARD!!! You think the battery plans are hard to find in DOTT???? Not even a drop in the bucket compared to some of the puzzles a bit later in the game. I have already gotten stuck soooo many times and I know I'm barely into the first part of the game.

So to save yourself some frustration, do what I did, go to Gamefaqs.com, copy-and-paste faqs for any of the lucasarts/scumm games you're going to be playing onto .txt files, and throw those on your SMC with the text viewer. That way any time you get stuck just exit out, look at the faq, and get yerself unstuck!

Gaming on the GP32 does indeed kick ass when you can carry the faq's around with you :D

ok, but I wanna see a show of hands for whoever has finished DOTT without a FAQ or guide... *raises hand* :p Trust me I got lost looking for the secret plans the first time I played it but you'll find them eventually... just think where a mad scientist would hide plans...

*raises hand*

As I am a big Lucas Arts Adventures Game, I played through all (MI 1&2, IJ Series, Dott, S&M, Dig, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) of them without a walkthrough/faq, but with the help of some friends.

Well, I had to do it this way, I had no internet back these times. :)

I have finished Loom with no help whatsoever...

I do feel kinda pansy for getting stuck so bad on DOTT several times thus far... I guess I'm just losing my skills? I have played video games in one way or another almost every single day of the past 10 years... so it does bother me that I seem to get stuck so easy on this game. I find it very hard to believe that anyone finished DOTT without SOME sort of help. Yeah the battery plans at the beginning of the game is real easy, but some of the other stuff is so odd I just don't see how the average person would figure it out. At any rate, I think part of the difficulty for me is that I'm always in a rush when I'm playing games nowadays... too many games to play with not nearly enough time to play them... I just want to get thru them as fast as possible.

Either way, I don't care how many of you may have finished DOTT with no help whatsoever... the game is damn hard.

*raises hand*

As I am a big Lucas Arts Adventures Game, I played through all (MI 1&2, IJ Series, Dott, S&M, Dig, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) of them without a walkthrough/faq, but with the help of some friends.

Grim fandango is awesome. One of my fave games ever :D.

I've finished DOTT on the pc. I needed help from a mate who finished it already though.

YEAH, i've found the battery plans... it was not difficult... :p

But the game is very hard for me.
Because my english is not realy good...
so i don't understand some words, and maybe they are important
to find these things...

And now i don't know how to wake up the sleepwalking
professor :huh: maybe i find it in the fhq ;)

What wakes up tired people.

Its hot and brown and lots of people drink it.

I finished DOTT and many other Lucas Arts adventure games without cheating, I did cheat on a Leisure Suit Larry game (Larry 7: getting through a very secure door) once but adventure games are not very rewarding if you cheat - and once you start cheating it's very hard to go on without 'help'.
You can race through these games in 30 minutes if you cheat, getting stuck and really trying everything until you can finally move to the next part is the fun and the challenge IMO.

Edit: like many others I simply didn't have an internet connection when I first played these games. It's the same as playing games without the use of savestates, many people say it's impossible or just way too hard but if there is no other way you will play and complete them that way.

I know that i have to use coffe to wake him up. B)

But i can't do that. The old man is saying that he don't know how to
get the coffe in the professor. <_<

Tryed the fhq and i hope it will help me... :)

*raises hand*

Grim fandango is awesome. One of my fave games ever :D.

I've finished DOTT on the pc. I needed help from a mate who finished it already though.
'Tis one of my favourites too. It's a lot different from a lot of adventure games from lucas arts with the third person perspective etc.. But in my opinion, they pulled it off unlike The third Broken Sword who ruined it :(

part of the difficulty for me is that I'm always in a rush when I'm playing games nowadays... too many games to play with not nearly enough time to play them... I just want to get thru them as fast as possible.
this is the problem with the gp32 - too much choice. i'm regularly trying to ignore the masses of games available and just focus on one. You just gotta ease down and think it through - lucasarts adventures aren't supposed to be rushed

Back