Dark Souls PC.. resolution mod

Garrett

Advanced Member
Just a heads up for those that were reluctant to purchase due to the resolution issues & lack of graphical enhancements.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QE9Oo5F_law?feature=oembed

A shame the devs couldn't have shown more love for the PC version.. but hey the game is still as stupendous as it always was & it now looks a whole lot better.

I'm running at 1920x1200 & it looks lovely!.. the mod is also a wip with more enhancements to come.

I've got this for the PS3, but I prefer to game on my PC. How is the controls for this? Do they feel fluent on PC or like another hack-console port?

I've got this for the PS3, but I prefer to game on my PC. How is the controls for this? Do they feel fluent on PC or like another hack-console port?

From Gamespy's review of the pc version:

Dark Souls can be played with the mouse and keyboard, but only if you really want to hate the experience. From didn't even bother to design proper mouse and key icons for on-screen prompts, so good luck figuring out what button you're supposed to push when it flashes "Press RT for Strong Attack" and you don't have a gamepad plugged in. Move the camera with the right analog stick? C'mon, guys. Really?

There are also some absurd default control settings, such as how the End key is used to bring up the menu while Escape does nothing, or how camera controls are set for the I, J, K, and L keys, as if you'd want to control the camera with the keyboard instead of the mouse. Actually, given how the floaty, inaccurate camera is only just barely controllable with the mouse, how much worse could it be?

I haven't tried it myself, but I've read that this is one of those games that doesn't restrict the mouse to the game screen, so multi monitor users will be frequently minimising the game by accident (whenever the cursor leaves the screen and they try to do an attack).

To be honest, I'm more interested in getting Ultima 9 from GOG (it came out a few days ago), despite memories I've tried to repress of playing the demo back when it first came out. :)

Back