Daphne Laserdisc Emulator Planned!

You probably think Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace suck because you cant get past the first scene or something. The ones they remade for the dvd/ps2 blow. The actual arcade ones are flawless and awesome. You must have no clue on what a good game is. Probably oen of those new generation people thats all about the pretty 3d graphics and not about the gameplay.

rikuumkthx posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:51 PM said:
You probably think Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace suck because you cant get past the first scene or something. The ones they remade for the dvd/ps2 blow. The actual arcade ones are flawless and awesome. You must have no clue on what a good game is. Probably oen of those new generation people thats all about the pretty 3d graphics and not about the gameplay.

....excuse me i happen to be a NES and megadrive fan myself.... how you can say Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace were in some way great gameplay wise is beyond me...nice visuals...with the odd piece of interaction... hardly gripping stuff!!!

I could sit with a controller and watch a pokemon cartoon and still feel like i was playing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Dec 8 2005 at 05:03 PM said:
Dragons lair is a pile of steamy shit
mattyrb posted on Dec 8 2005 at 10:02 PM said:
Yes their all awesomely Sh*t.....
This information is not useful to developers. If I heard about an SNES emulator, I wouldn't immediately trash it because the one game I played for the original system, Revolution X, sucked a fatty. I'd keep my opinions to myself, and enjoy the other programs available for the GP2X.

(BTW, I have never played Revolution X, and consider Super Mario Kart one of the most replayable games ever made. I created a fictional situation that would allow these boys to understand the folly of their ways.)

Anyways:
WOOHOO!!! DRAGON'S LAYER!!!

abbibi posted on Dec 9 2005 at 12:41 AM said:
Goity posted on Dec 8 2005 at 05:03 PM said:
Dragons lair is a pile of steamy shit
mattyrb posted on Dec 8 2005 at 10:02 PM said:
Yes their all awesomely Sh*t.....
This information is not useful to developers. If I heard about an SNES emulator, I wouldn't immediately trash it because the one game I played for the original system, Revolution X, sucked a fatty. I'd keep my opinions to myself, and enjoy the other programs available for the GP2X.

Agree.

Why you guys are complaining about games in the news thread?

And even I'm one of the fanboy of daphne, the PS2 version of Space Ace was awful... Don't judge LD games from those conversions. (I bought one from ebay and just throw away after first playing :()

I really look forward daphne in GP2X :)

Can't wait. Hopefully it should run full speed? Anyone want to comment on this?

I remember back when I got the Dos version of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. It took like 1 hour to install.

It is worth having as part of nostalgia and the animation is very good to look at. The gameplay is not the most engaging yeah, but it is still nice to have. It would show off the movie playing capability of the GP2X as well. Go for it.

Again, don't judge laserdisc games from the interactive cartoon style games. The shooters really were a great arcade experience, didn't even feel so much like a laserdisc game.

I wish people would just say that "They think" it's crap rather than repeatedly posting how "it's crap".

I assume most people who talk about Dragon's Lair negatively are missing the point or are too young to appreciate these games. Laserdisc in 1982! That was Sci-Fi for many of us back then, and the concept of being able to have some sort of control, however limited it actually was, over such a thing was amazing at the time. Surely, for a forum of people who love the Gp32/X2 for being able to play all these games must appreciate nostalgia more than most.

Back