Damn Ups!

r10crw

Still Fresh
So I live in NE Scotland around 240 miles from Newcastle (I believe this is where CraigX is based?) and UPS say that because I live in a remote area (Which its not) they have to reschedule my Pandora delivery until the 9th!!! Arrived in Dundee this morning which is only 70 miles away but its staying there. Im like Calvin waiting for his Beanie, just hope the Pandora is better than his Beanie lol.
So thats my rant over, thanks for listening :)

That's the thing with waiting for post. Every day it doesn't arrive makes you more sure it will arrive the day after! >_<

Just be careful glueing the motor in, they're easy to break. Or get an adult to help you.

CraigW said:
So I live in NE Scotland around 240 miles from Newcastle (I believe this is where CraigX is based?) and UPS say that because I live in a remote area (Which its not) they have to reschedule my Pandora delivery until the 9th!!! Arrived in Dundee this morning which is only 70 miles away but its staying there. Im like Calvin waiting for his Beanie, just hope the Pandora is better than his Beanie lol.

That's probably where the Royal Mail would have done better I'm guessing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably however they may have also lost it in the process at least UPS we can see it and whats happening, dont think you get that with RM. It seems that as soon as you go north of Aberdeen delivery becomes a massive variable governed primarily by what time the driver is having supper that particular day. It will be here soon enough, just gotta relax.
Started downloading the emulators in prepartion but then realised Id be as well downloading directly from the OP since they are mostly PNDs anyway and wont need unzipped :)

craigix said:
CraigW said:

That's probably where the Royal Mail would have done better I'm guessing?

Which is also the reason I asked specifically for royal mail delivery. I have never had anything but bad experiences with UPS, Smashed up boxes with broken contents, late deliveries, deliveries signed for by drivers and left in or behind bins, extortionate customs admin charges that were higher than the value of the actual item, next day deliveries taking over 5 days.

Hate them.

UPS kept delivering my second Pandora to the wrong address until I phoned them up about it (I was finding their little ticket things outside my neighbours).

If I ask you to use Royal Mail again, will it happen (based on above posters remark)?

Are all shipments now UPS? They will only deliver when I'm working and their closest sorting office where I would end up having to pick it up is Tamworth (and I'm in Birmingham). Whereas Royal Mail will leave it at the local sorting office a quick bus ride away.

If so I will have to change my address to work and hope I don't get made redundant before its shipped (which is 50/50).

Agreed, living in Inverness I would much prefer a Royal mail special delivery. But as I'm around 2000 in the queue I won't need to worry about it for a while

I haven't had problems with UPS, except that they never seem to actually try knocking on my door, instead I always end up having to go pick the item up. Still, none of the horror stories you guys are describing.. I kinda get the impression from these and earlier ones that UPS may be much worse in Europe than in the USA.

I've also never had any issues with UPS.

USPS, on the other hand, has lost two letters, a video game, and an entire xbox, and I'm constantly getting crushed and dented packages. And anytime I go down there to try to sort things out they just give me an attitude. And even we repeatedly told not to, they still leave boxes out on the porch when no one's home.

When my Caanoo was on it's way to me, the UPS guy put the "you were out" letter through the wrong door (I was waiting in all day next door meanwhile). At the end of the day after getting nothing, I rang them up, and the woman on the phone sounded surprised. She said someone had already rang to say they would be collecting the parcel within the hour. I asked them not to give it out unless they provided ID and I would collect it next morning. The following morning, I went to the depot to collect it, and they gave it to me without even requesting ID.

Useless buggers.

Well credit where credits due. UPS delivered my Pandora this morning even though they said it wouldnt be till the 9th and despite me not being in at the time they delivered to a nearby company they knew I was aquainted, with much better than leaving a note so big thumbs up to UPS.
As regards the Pandora its charging just now so not much to say except that externally it seems perfect. Only thing that seems not so great are the shoulder buttons but you would have to pretty picky to complain about slightly slack buttons. Im afraid any updates may take some time as I have so much I need to play with.
Mr Rothwell and team, thank you!
Cheers Craig.

Nova said:
When my Caanoo was on it's way to me, the UPS guy put the "you were out" letter through the wrong door (I was waiting in all day next door meanwhile). At the end of the day after getting nothing, I rang them up, and the woman on the phone sounded surprised. She said someone had already rang to say they would be collecting the parcel within the hour. I asked them not to give it out unless they provided ID and I would collect it next morning. The following morning, I went to the depot to collect it, and they gave it to me without even requesting ID.

Useless buggers.

Okay...this example is really uncool on so many levels. I hope they don't do the same to your (or my)Pandora.

worzyl said:
Nova said:

Useless buggers.

Okay...this example is really uncool on so many levels. I hope they don't do the same to your (or my)Pandora.

It happened to me. Royal Mail on the other hand actually bothered to find where I live.

emcee said:
I've also never had any issues with UPS.

USPS, on the other hand, has lost two letters, a video game, and an entire xbox, and I'm constantly getting crushed and dented packages. And anytime I go down there to try to sort things out they just give me an attitude. And even we repeatedly told not to, they still leave boxes out on the porch when no one's home.

And when you have an apartment like mine where there is the large box with everyone's boxes, they love to slide a box that just fits into the slot. the problem being when you unlock YOUR side the opening in quite a bit smaller and you have to try to destroy the box to remove it's contents. When you can't do that you have to wait and pounce on the carrier the next day to get it out, or they will just stuff it tighter and move on.

They have a policy now where the carrier is not to leave his vehicle, unless they can't jam it in the box. If there is a car parked nearby and they can't pull up to drop the mail in the box, they just don't deliver it. even if it's 2 steps away. What happened to "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"? Now just walking a few feet is enough to stop them from delivery.

Where I live at least I prefer UPS over Fedex and USPS. It has never been late, nothing has ever been broken, and they have always come to my door and set the package lightly on my porch or in my hands. For some reason it comes in the evening now, I think our UPS guy has changed his rout so I don't get packages early in the morning I get them late in the evening.

Where I live at least both Fedex and USPS have been late, have broken things, have delivered to the wrong address, Fedex has thrown packages up the stairs to my porch(I think, a few times I hear a loud, like really loud bang and I find that a Fedex packages has been delivered), and a few times Fedex has refused delivery because they are afraid of my dog that barks when people drive in but stop when they get out.

I think it all depends on the driver for UPS what kind of service you get, at least where I live it is always the same guy, but with Fedex and USPS they are different, Fedex all the time in fact, the only guy I have had more than once is the guy scared of my dog. If the driver is careful with packages or willing to work a little later making sure he finishes his rout then UPS is good. If he isn't then freaking complain, not here because I doubt the UPS CEO frequents these forms, complain directly to UPS, you might get a better driver or if you have multiple drivers then the one that you had a bad experience will not do your rout anymore. Fedex I have but 95% of them are horrible so only 5% of the time do I get a good experience with them and USPS I'd say 50% of the time I have bad experiences with them.

I prefer UPS at least where I live.

Back