Custom TV-out Cable Pre-orders (Split from other topic)

Just curious if anyone else is getting interference lines when they run tv-out? I know the cord is shielded but I'm getting a lot of it no matter if I use my TV or monitor. I'm hoping it's not but I think it may be the actual port in my Pandora and not so much the cable as the audio sounds fine with absolutely no interference.

Thank for thanks :)

I was out for a while (2 weeks or so) and no responding to PM's. Take my apologize, I'll response all 20 PM's ASAP. I hate to excuse, but it was due to job and family issues so I have to pause my hobbies. If you miss me again in the future it will be probably the same reason.

Just curious if anyone else is getting interference lines when they run tv-out? I know the cord is shielded but I'm getting a lot of it no matter if I use my TV or monitor. I'm hoping it's not but I think it may be the actual port in my Pandora and not so much the cable as the audio sounds fine with absolutely no interference.
I was getting some colour interference on TV set when using composite and has activate S-Video. What is your setting on Pandora? I'm not sure if hotfix6 is out already, but even beta release should allow setup better TV out.

If it is something like 50 (60) Hz waves, try fo find source of magnetic field such as transformer or poweradapter near cable. Maybe that even plugged power adapter into Pandora could do this. My Pandora is travelling to EvilDragon nest, so I can't try it.

well i think the hub is to be blamed solely
The main part anyway, although audio and video out might take a little bit of juice. But i mostly want tv out for 2 player gaming so the hub and controllers are just about always attached then.

But i got rid of the interference, updated software and shielded cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I'm kind of confused. Is there really custom tv out cables for phones? :) I have an HTC Incredible and even though it has a tv out cable of its own, it won't go beyond a Sense rom that's based of the OTA Froyo and Gingerbread roms and I miss the customization of Cyanogenmod 7. Just wondering :)

Are the Cables still available to buy? I have been trying to msg Peca with no result. :blink:

@SavageMind - good question. I have just msg Peca too and will let u know if I get a reply.

I can make TV out cables. I will start with 5 orders, they will cost 20 Canadian Dollars, plus whatever your preferred connectors and cables cost (ext connector and tinybob are 5 dollars). That will be a total of 30 to 35 dollars plus shipping. 10 dollars from each of these first 5 orders will go to creating a bounty for a free and open PND that allows buttons over the EXT port without complex electronics.

The price and details of this product are subject to change. I will guarantee that the workmanship of the cable will be sound, I will however not guarantee the quality of signal you will get. This is because I am not equipped to properly test and design cables. I will test your cable on my Pandora and TV and send you a video of it in operation before shipping.

I can put any connectors on the end of your cable, tell me what you want.

Please send an email with details on what connector(s) you want at the end of your cable and how long you want it to be. Please note that I will be using store bought cables to ensure best quality of the shielding, cables and connectors. This will also reduce assembly time. The issue being that your cable may be several cables not joined together. I will make sure you know if this is the case, I can bundle them together with short lengths of heat shrink tube every 6 inches.

I will be able to add a ferrite core to one or both ends of your cable, this may increase time to ship as I will have to find a good source for these.

Email me at pandora.nardella@gmail.com and I will take your order. I will post a picture of what the Pandora end of your cable will look like some time tomorrow.

^

I think these are in a holding pattern because the company that was initial quoted to do the project has since cancelled their bid on the TV Cables. Not sure if EvilDragon has found a new manufacturer or not.

The issue is I can make the bloody thing. I did post a schematic for the EXT connector a while back. I just don't have the parts being in Afghanistan as well as my solderiing iron.

Anyone know where Peca went? I had some shipping issues on some parts, but now I can't reach him through PM.

The issue is I can make the bloody thing. I did post a schematic for the EXT connector a while back. I just don't have the parts being in Afghanistan as well as my solderiing iron.

Soldering irons are really just a useful tool, not a neccessity. Once on holiday bought a faulty PSX at a boot sale and "resoldered" the mod chip using a spoon and a bent fork prong heated on a gas camping stove. I've also had to reuse solder from the innards of a busted TV in the past.

Parts I'll grant you are a bit more awkward, but surely some of that high tech military equipment over there could be cannibalised! I say high tech, I guess that depends on which side you're on.

Soldering irons are really just a useful tool, not a neccessity. Once on holiday bought a faulty PSX at a boot sale and "resoldered" the mod chip using a spoon and a bent fork prong heated on a gas camping stove. I've also had to reuse solder from the innards of a busted TV in the past. Parts I'll grant you are a bit more awkward, but surely some of that high tech military equipment over there could be cannibalised! I say high tech, I guess that depends on which side you're on.

I'm on the American side. Good or bad is subject to personal bias. I can't idily tear apart military equipment to make a video cable. I would end up paying for VERY expensive equipment for a whim. :blink:

^

Its been months since pecas been on here and months since i ordered a cable from him.Ive given up on recieving one by now.In fairness though he was only doing it in his spare time.oh well. Nardella a few posts above says he can make the tv out cables too.

I can make TV out cables. I will start with 5 orders, they will cost 20 Canadian Dollars, plus whatever your preferred connectors and cables cost (ext connector and tinybob are 5 dollars). That will be a total of 30 to 35 dollars plus shipping. 10 dollars from each of these first 5 orders will go to creating a bounty for a free and open PND that allows buttons over the EXT port without complex electronics.

Email me at pandora.nardella@gmail.com and I will take your order. I will post a picture of what the Pandora end of your cable will look like some time tomorrow.
email send

Back