Curse Of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango Ports?

Rocksteady

Still Fresh
I know this is another "can we get this ported to the GP2X" thread, but I think these are some high class games that aren't too high up their in graphics and such. Is there a chance Curse of Monkey Island or Grim Fandango could be ported to the GP2X? I know they are PC games and all, so could we even get a control system set up for it/

B)

Grim Fandango - Definitely no. As it needed a 3D card which the GP2X does not have. There is NO FPU in the GP2X. There also is nothing to port. How exactly do you expect a programmer to port the sourcecode of the PC version of Grim Fandango over to the GP2X. If the sourcecode is not available to them?

With Curse of Monkey Island alot of the work (it is still ridiculously hard though) has already been done by the makers of ScummVM, but Residual the VM for games built using the grimE engine is nowhere near that state yet).

Curse of Monkey Island - will work as soon as somebody works out how to use the hardware scalar to scale the resolution down from 640*480 to 320*240. It actually already works now in ScummVM, just you cannot see what is going on in half of the screen.

so could we even get a control system set up for it/
Thats the EASY bit! :p

Back