GP2X Cross Comp Dev Install Ok?

telengard

Certified Guru
Website
users.adelphia.net
Hiya,

I follwed the steps on the Wiki for installing a development environment on Linux. That script worked perfect. I did change the PREFIX to put it in my home dir so I could get at it on any machine.

I was able to compile a hello world program just fine. Just to check that I picked up the right toolchain I ran this:

telengard[~/dev/gp2x/x_env]% file helloworld.gpe
helloworld.gpe: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, statically linked, not stripped

2.0.0? Hmm, I checked the sysroot dir and the linux version header says it's 2.6.12. I haven't found the 'magic' file on my system yet to determine why it's coming back as 2.0.0. Probably not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure I have things setup correctly.

~telengard

I wouldn't worry about it. For me, the GPH toolchain outputted for Linux version 2.4.0, the Open2x toolchain for version 2.4.3, and my native toolchain outputs for 2.2.0 - while the machine it's running on has a 2.6 kernel. Quite a range of results, all of which work fine.

gfoot posted on Dec 31 2005 at 03:15 PM said:
I wouldn't worry about it. For me, the GPH toolchain outputted for Linux version 2.4.0, the Open2x toolchain for version 2.4.3, and my native toolchain outputs for 2.2.0 - while the machine it's running on has a 2.6 kernel. Quite a range of results, all of which work fine.

Excellent, thanks for the info...

Now on to SDL.

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Back