Crash

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Well so what are my boyfriend and I doing at the moment?

Well I just had to tell, He has just moved into the house and He's got this huge box full of old Crash magazines for the ZX Spectrum. Wow what a blast from the past. Just looking at all the hardware add-ons you could get for the speccy was kewl, it really was a booming industry. And the viewers letter pages was a scream :)

I just been looking through Issue 6 which was published in July 1984, I wonder how many of our forum members were on the planet then?

Ahhh the nostalgia....

ShutYourFace.gif

Crash was great at the time. I think all games magazines ripped it off and all todays ones are like Crash (other than the aloof Edge). Before Crash, games magazines were dull.

WhizzBang posted on Oct 28 2006 at 10:40 PM said:
Crash was great at the time. I think all games magazines ripped it off and all todays ones are like Crash (other than the aloof Edge). Before Crash, games magazines were dull.

I've got a fair stash of old Speccie mags in a box in the loft - including the first issue of Crash ;-) And too true that it changed the market - Sinclair User was a bit staid and no mistake. I can't actually remember if Your Sinclair pre-dated Crash... but that was quite funny.

Wonder what a full set of Crash magazines is worth - I certainly don't have them all, but someone probably does...

Last edited by a moderator:
andyB911 posted on Oct 30 2006 at 06:49 PM said:
WhizzBang posted on Oct 28 2006 at 10:40 PM said:

I've got a fair stash of old Speccie mags in a box in the loft - including the first issue of Crash ;-) And too true that it changed the market - Sinclair User was a bit staid and no mistake. I can't actually remember if Your Sinclair pre-dated Crash... but that was quite funny.

Wonder what a full set of Crash magazines is worth - I certainly don't have them all, but someone probably does...
Phil has a hell of a lot of them, varying in condition from covers falling off to pretty darned good. To us they would be priceless as no way would I ever want him to sell them. You simply cannot put a price on something that invokes so many childhood memories. This is the basic premise on why this forum now exists, the GP32 with it's retro emulators made this place!

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1984, I think I was messing around with a Timex Sinclair 1000 also called a TS1000. It was so basic. I remember typing in games. I remember one game that was like asteroids and the graphics was "Xs" and "Os." I had one of those before I bought a Commodore 64. :)

Ah Crash, the nostalgia indeed. I didn't start buying the magazine until towards the end of its life. So I don't have that many issues, but I would never sell them. Good fun to flick through them once in a while and be amazed how different things were back then… or maybe not so different :D

Back