Crap Games Comp...

Apeiron

Is it me or is the crap games competion just a reason to be mean to thier creators.
Look at the site and you see what I mean. It's a way to vent some of the hatred of some of the hard work at games.
Does anyone agree with me?

All the reviews in the crap games comp can me un-neccessarily mean with out hurting anyones feelings. Kind of funny really.

Apeiron posted on Feb 13 2005 at 12:34 AM said:
Is it me or is the crap games competion just a reason to be mean to thier creators.
Look at the site and you see what I mean. It's a way to vent some of the hatred of some of the hard work at games.
Does anyone agree with me?
Hm, I see it in a whole new light now. I thought the crap games competition was serious business :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whens the submission finals? I need to drop some in there, since most of my gamelets are crap apparently :p

jeff

Yes I know you know, that what I find funny. Don't you wish sometimes you could be mean and not care? thats what it's like for the judges.

Wonder if theyed accepted a "Hello World Game" or "Break your gp32, press A"

Apeiron posted on Feb 13 2005 at 11:07 AM said:
Wonder if theyed accepted a "Hello World Game" or "Break your gp32, press A"

Of course they will, what else is the testcard program??

I don't see your problem.
The point of the crap games competition is to enter the most crappy game
possible. The crappier, the better.
So if you are a dev and enter your game there, you WANT it to be as crappy
as possible...
There are some useful entries, yes, and if you look at the judges' word, they tell you it isn't that crappy at all... so these are the real losers.

Last edited:
skeezix posted on Feb 13 2005 at 07:08 AM said:
Whens the submission finals? I need to drop some in there, since most of my gamelets are crap apparently :p

jeff

Open End, until woogal encounters the true master of crap who can't be beaten.

There has to be a limit, otherwise people will start making "games" that corrupt SMCs and auto bad flash wth some random crap file.

I hope my entries get added, I want to be slagged off publicly for my shite additions to the GP32 community (except the last one, that pwnz!).

LA!

BYEEEEE!!

I'm planning on entering something...

Anyone can be rubbish, It takes someone special to be crap

"The point of the crap games competition is to enter the most crappy game
possible. The crappier, the better."

I still think mine was the worst so far, but apparently it doesn't properly count or something. I provided the instructions, maybe they should have come in a readme?

Apeiron posted on Feb 12 2005 at 11:34 PM said:
The competition has 2 main reasons for existing. Being mean to coders is just an interesting bonus ;)

The reasons are -

1. To allow skilled coders to have a bit of fun. We don't get out much.
2. To encourage new developers. I would imagine there are many people out there who would like to code but look at some of the great homebrew available and think to themselves 'I'd never be able to do anything like that :('. My hope is that this compo will give some of those people the confidence to start coding and create some crap of their own. Hopefully they will then realise that you can't create a masterpiece without having created several tons of crap first. If this competition creates just one new coder who then goes on to produce some great games then I will feel that it has been a success.

Back